Maintaining multiple mod sets for Fo: NV?

britefire

As a bit of pre-info about this, I have never installed mods on a fallout game, and am not sure how different it is from setting up Oblivion or Skyrim mods, so there may be an easier way that I am not thinking of to do this.

I was wondering if there was a way to maintain multiple separate mod setups or (if needed) multiple full installs of the steam version of New Vegas.

I would love to run a full install of Sexout with quite a few add-ons, but would like to have a more work-safe install for when friends are over in-case they would like to play or just check-out the game.

I am not certain this belongs in general discussion, but think it should as it doesn't pertain to any particular mod.

It can also be done easily with FOMM and the load order import/export menu option combined with the tools>saves menu option. In saves, you can click the save and export load order. When you're going to play, import that load order for the save and then play. The load orders for each save need not be identical nor even ordered the same.

Archived