Boneweighting Help

Siouliusn

Heya,

So after getting back to modding armor I got a new problem with some outfits (~the less it covers the more it protect&so on), with 3dsmax.

I never have any bone to do since it's most of the time resize, move, adapt meshes.

But when I got to do it I use an o(ld)Blivion trick : copy the skin from a similar piece of cloth and paste it on the new (while deleting the original).

And some bugs come

th_108501213_MeeehYuNoWork1_123_415lo.jpg th_108514385_MeeehYuNoWork2_123_339lo.jpg th_108533765_MeeehYuNoWork3_123_343lo.jpg

th_108552770_MeeehYuNoWork4_123_249lo.jpg

As seen only part of outfit isn't "stuck" to the body.

So, any tut/help on how to change it for a beginner ? :)

I can tell you I have this problem almost always :P.

Did you perhaps weight the clothing to the body model?

If yes, then it will happen if pieces of the armor are too close to the body.

There is a number of ways you can solve this problem:

- Try copying weights from a piece of clothing that has sleeves, either all of the weights or just the part that got 'stuck'

- weight the 'stuck' part of your clothing manually

Just remember that when you're weighting something to a particular model, later you need to use that model's skeleton or else weird stuff might occur :D.

Hard to tell, but it looks like some vertices are weighted to the forearm/upperarm bones and some vertices hanging under the boob are weighted heavily to the one of the spine bones.Since you've said it just certain spots, it should be easy to spot inconsistencies while looking at the skin data and remove bad weights.

Oki oki, thanks for the help, will try changing that on that spot and feedback later on.

:)

EDit1 Ok, indeed that part has some weight on theLupperarmTwist2 while the R(ight) had none, just have to get rid of that weight and it will work o>

Edit2 Solved !

th_150451685_winwin_123_100lo.jpg

Thanks for the help guys!

(pm me if you want a share ;)

I'll repost this here instead of making a new thread :

On this freshly converted armor the game crash on equipping, the original works fine, it has some bbb on that body but not on the one I'm using.

If any of you could have a look at it since I'm quite lost at finding the source of fail.

On this freshly converted armor the game crash on equipping' date=' the original works fine, it has some bbb on that body but not on the one I'm using.

If any of you could have a look at it since I'm quite lost at finding the source of fail.

[/quote']

I had random crashes when doing my Lady Thief conversion at some point. I saved the game with my char in the armor, later I remade the armor and substituted the previous one and then crashes started to happen. Is this the same in your case?

Also, crashes might be from incompatible skeletons. The skeleton your armor uses doesn't match the overall game skeleton. If that's not the problem, then I'm clueless :(.

On this freshly converted armor the game crash on equipping' date=' the original works fine, it has some bbb on that body but not on the one I'm using.

[/quote']

Its a odd bug that won't let you use anything weighted to the skirt bones be part of the armour. If you split them up and then link them in the CK it works fine.

That was 1 afternoon of importing suigintou's dress that was one frustration after the other. :dodgy: But that was the only way i could do it.

Archived