hair not touching hairline "displaced"

Newblet101

Hi,

On my character i cannot use hair which is set up into a pony tale or the likes as the hair is like floating a little bit away from the hairline, i have tried with several hair mods(Oblivion, fallout, apachii, sks etc.) and i have the same problem with all of them, i use ygnord race with enhanced character edit. Any idea what might cause this problem?

Try doing this, This is how Mailamea taught me how to stuff like that.

So if you have nifskope knowledge, heres how I did it.

Open your hair mesh

Right click the hair

Select edit scale, (the one that has the "*" drawing)

So there's an X Y Z here.

Listen carefully. When you move your mesh from left to right, up and down in nifskope. It doesn't mean that it will render in that position in game.

Here's how it works. X moves the hair up and down in game.

Y moves the hair forward and backward in game.

Z moves the hair left and right in game.

WARNING : THOSE WHO DONT READ! IN NIFSKOPE YOUR HAIR POSITION IN THE RENDER WINDOW DOESNT MEAN ITS POSITION WILL LOOK LIKE THAT IN GAME.

Thank you for the reply however it did not help me, i tried changing those values in nifskope and nothing changes ingame, i have tested on two different hair styles from two different mods. the gap is still there:( it is really annoying.

I tried to change race to nord and the problem is also there.

2190712-1352934654.jpg

You did not change the correct values :) Most people think of the "Edit" function but this function is not meant for this job ^^

In Nifskope rightclick the hair and go under "transform" and there under "scale vertices"...there are the x/y/z values you need...changing these values and saving the hair mesh afterwards definitely works...you only have to test your settings ingame until it looks good.

Oh and look for your hair meshes...most Skyrim hairpacks have two nif files for one hair...you should edit both ^^

Archived