[CK] Custom Face

mezzoforte

I'm pretty new to modding so I need some help trying to figure out how to use a face created in facegen being able to use it in Skyrim CK.

Here's what I've been able to do so far.

1.) Get the model files from Skyrim nexus (egm, egt, fim, tri, etc.)

2.) Loaded the model in Facegen, morphed and tweaked it.

3.) Exported to obj

4.) Loaded Obj into nifskope

5.) Saved into nif

Now the problem. When I try to create a headpart in the CK and select the newly created nif I get a slew of errors resulting in the nif not showing.

Hopefully someone is patient enough to help or to point me to a tutorial that can help.

Thanks in advance

i now that behavoir, my workaround are

edit the npc finally with NPC Editor.

then edit it with TES4edit (esp editor), if necessary (removing duplicated entrys).

finally add masters with wrye bash, if necessary (hair.esm).

testet with Angelina Jolie - Standalone Follower by Omega99jp - Foaman

[spoiler=before]26437-3-1352016454.jpg

[spoiler=after]angelina___glamour_by_convaincant-d5k7e0e.jpg

i now that behavoir' date=' my workaround are

edit the npc finally with NPC Editor.

then edit it with TES4edit (esp editor), if necessary (removing duplicated entrys).

finally add masters with wrye bash, if necessary (hair.esm).

testet with Angelina Jolie - Standalone Follower by Omega99jp - Foaman

[spoiler=before']26437-3-1352016454.jpg

[spoiler=after]angelina___glamour_by_convaincant-d5k7e0e.jpg

Thanks will try and see if NPC Editor will show the nif made with (facegen/nifskope) that the CK seems to be having difficulty with over the weekend.

My only complaint about NPC Editor is that the NPC's it makes are so bloated that simply enabling them causes a CTD on game start. I tried using TESnip but it doesn't seem to show all the extra bloat files. Will try TES5Edit if it's any better.

Would you happen to know of any decent tutorials? It's really hard trying to "reverse engineer" other peoples mods and finding only tutorial fragments on google ^_^;;

I'd really love to take a step towards more serious modding, but all of these seemingly isolated instances o wtfckery with the CK would drive me bald with hair pulling ><

Thanks will try and see if NPC Editor will show the nif made with (facegen/nifskope) that the CK seems to be having difficulty with over the weekend.

My only complaint about NPC Editor is that the NPC's it makes are so bloated that simply enabling them causes a CTD on game start.

don't forget to add the masters with wyre bash, if you using one.

with NPC editor. NPC Editor doesn't add masters to the *.esp.

Archived