How To install F4SE [17/10/2018]

Hi everyone,

Some one can tell how to install correctly F4SE there is many way to install it on Youtube and on the Internet most commonly.

I posting this message because i've got some error messages . . . but installation steps are correct

This Script Extender is updated often so how we should install it TODAY ? :)

What do you mean so many ways? Also the install method doesn't change from one day to another. Its always the same, you put the files directly on your Fallout4 folder (under Steam/steamapps/common, you know the default folder). You need at least these files:

- f4se_1_10_114.dll

- f4se_loader.exe

- f4se_steam_loader.dll

- Data (which contains the scripts)

If you have issues related to recent game update check if the current game version is supported by the latest script extender version, if you have a mod dependant on the script extender that require update you should see an error message telling which plugins need update when you launch the game. If you have an error message already would be useful to paste here so people can see it...

Some people saying to do this :

F4se dll

F4se loader

F4se steam loader

DONE

Other people saying this :

Copy all files and leave Folder untouched

DONE

Other Saying like you

And other again saying

Copy all files,

Compressing Data folder and rename it in F4SE Script "version" and install it with a Mod Manager ( Don't work with NMM i'd tried yesterday )

So what i'm suposed to do that is my question

And realy sorry for my bad english writing :)

6 minutes ago, FrenchRazgriz said:

Some people saying to do this :

F4se dll

F4se loader

F4se steam loader

DONE

Other people saying this :

Copy all files and leave Folder untouched

DONE

Other Saying like you

And other again saying

Copy all files,

Compressing Data folder and rename it in F4SE Script "version" and install it with a Mod Manager ( Don't work with NMM i'd tried yesterday )

So what i'm suposed to do that is my question

And realy sorry for my bad english writing :)

Okay, now I kinda understand what you mean by different ways (but there are only 2 ways). Let me explain (my english isn't very good too, so I hope you understand this so you won't have this doubt in the future). You can't just copy the dll and exe files and skip the data folder, you need the scripts files it contains. As I've said you need the "f4se_1_10_114.dll", "f4se_loader.exe", "f4se_steam_loader.dll" and the "Data" folder in order to install f4se correctly. Now there are 2 ways of doing that (and I think the second way is just in case you use Mod Organizer, even then its optional).

Option 1: the fully manual way. Copy this to your Fallout4 folder

- f4se_1_10_114.dll

- f4se_loader.exe

- f4se_steam_loader.dll

- Data

* If there is an f4se update just download the new version and copy/paste the same files and overwrite everything when asked.

Option 2: if you want to keep a clean "Data" folder (applies for Mod Organizer, I've never used another mod manager so I don't know if it works for NMM/Vortex or whatever) Copy the dll and exe to your Fallout4 folder:

- f4se_1_10_114.dll

- f4se_loader.exe

- f4se_steam_loader.dll

Now create a compressed file that cointains the scripts from the "Data" folder from the f4se download:

- open the "Data" folder that comes with f4se.

- right click on the "Scripts" folder.

- select your compression software (winrar/7zip) -> Add to file "Scripts.rar" or "Script.7z".

- install this file as another mod using the second buttom (from left to right) near the top-left corner of Mod Organizer.

* If there is an f4se update just download the new version and copy/paste the same files and overwrite everything when asked. Repeat the "Scripts" part, install through your mod manager, you should a) delete the previous mod "Scripts" from mod organizer or b) just install over it and hit "Replace" when it ask you.

As you can see the first way is easier, but the second has the advantage of leaving your real Data folder clean (it would prevent older files from getting stuck on your game after uninstalling).

Archived