Curie continues to follow after dismissal

Apap

Hey guys,

so I have a bit of an issue with Curie - it seems that for some reason I can't fully dismiss her and she continues to follow me even after the message pops up that she's going back to the vault.

I can run along with a different companion, no problem. However, Curie will go together with me regardless. When spoken to, she will respond like she normally would after being approched again after dismissal, and I can recruit her again - if I do, the second companion will go to the prompted destination without issues.

My guess would be that her synth transfer quest bugged out:

Spoiler

When I got down to the basement of the Memory Den to talk with the doctor about her, robot Curie was on the main floor. Regardless, the proper dialogue triggerd and the quest moved forward to the 'waiting one day' stage. However, at this point robot Curie continued to follow me even though normally she should have stayed in the Memory Den. 

I didn't make much of it since the quest progressed properly and I got a notification saying to go visit doctor Amari again after the time has passed. Now here's when another oddity happened: when I got that message, robot Curie immediately changed into the synth, even though we were somewhere else. 

When I got back to Amari, the quest progressed regardless, the difference being that Curie's new body was not in the pod. After few dialogues the quest was marked as resolved , and Curie behaved just fine. However, when I maxed her affinity later on and tried to dismiss her, she continued to follow.

Does anyone know how could I fix this? As I maxed her affinity by now, I wouldn't want to back track to a save from before the quest and lose a few hours of gameplay.

On a side note, I don't use any multiple follower mods except JB, but minding that other companions work just fine, I don't think the issue lies on the mod's side.

Thanks in advance!

Archived