A good CAMERA mod? Oh God, it's happening again...

Wadarkhu

[sOLVED]

Same problem, finally left unsolved, I had in Oblivion.

Bethesda camera control is horrible and I'm the only person who notices it. For some reason people don't care about stuff like, seeing around your character while you move, and... Well, that's basically it.

Anicam has some functions, but it's buggy and I don't think you can turn with it.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20433

[video=youtube]

Any other suggestions? *sigh* Why am I always alone with this...

you're not alone at all!I hate bethesda's camera in every single game they released.If only it could be a simple 3rd person without fixed movement...both animations and camera tweaks will be required

What do you guys mean exactly?

Would you like the camera fixed on the back so the camera moves with the players movement?

Or is it that your not centered on the back and the crosshair feels "off"?

Positions of crosshair and pov can be changed with ini tweaks but i don't think theres a mod that fixes the camera and thereby limiting what you can see in the game

I'd like the camera not to be costantly at your back while moving or fighting and adjustable with the right thumbstick.The mod above complies but its a nightmare to turn while walking.Essentially,3rd person should be like any other 3rd person game such as ninja gaiden,or tomb raider,or bloodrayne 2:total camera freedom and flexibility.

What do you guys mean exactly?

All you really need is one key, that you can press, then rotate the camera where you want, then release the key, and the camera stays where it's left! So simple.

Obviously, while viewing the front of your character, you can't shoot bows or spells. But it'd really spice up melee combat.

couldn't find anything that would let you do that :)

but it should be possible to create something....

bethesda allready kinda has something like that as your character movement and camera movement are seperated from eachother until you enter combat mode... in combat mode the camera stays fixed on the char and moving the camera is moving your char.

so you need a button to go in an "alternative combat mode" in which the camera stays fixed, only not on the char... and the motion normally used for moving camera does nothing.. until you leave this "combat mode"

sometimes I'd like to look in a different direction than I'm moving but it's not a big deal that I can't.

I'm not sure it matters to the majority of players and since I don't use a joy stick and would hate to be forced to I can't get behind your issue.

I believe that in Oblivion you could press the middle mouse button and move the camera independently of the direction of travel. I believe that this was removed from skyrim to accommodate other code and still fit on a dvd for the 360.

Archived