Need help with semi-transparant hair!

nakrulz

I am trying to create a wig here (equippable hair) out of meshes that are created by other parties (such a Ren). The mesh is perfectly fine when used as hair for the character but when I edit it into an equippable object the mesh becomes semi-transparant. I did not change any properties of the mesh, just edited it in the creation kit to make it into an object. Somehow it becomes a lighting transparency issue...I'm no pro modder myself so I might be missing some important fact here. Please help!

Screenshot attached.

Update: tested without the NiAlphaProperty and it corrected the transparency but it made the hair tips very blocky since there isn't any alpha used in the texture.

I also disabled AA, FXAA and other tweaks as it may also introduce transparency issues but it did not help.

I'm using a GTX 485M, perhaps I should try it on an ATI and see whether it has the same issue.

Any ideas anyone?

Archived