[HELP] How do I use these animations in my own mod?

I want to create a simple mod which has a few craftable ingestibles with certain magic effects.

It would be some kind of a drug-related ingestible (not skooma), and the general idea behind the magic effect would be that it should give a small amount of magicka regeneration for a long time (because I will have passive magicka regen disabled by another mod).

It should have a few tiers, starting from weak to strong;

tier 1 would regenerate 0.1 magicka per second for 3600 seconds

tier 2 would regenerate 0.2 magicka per second for 3600 seconds

tier 3 would regenerate 0.3 magicka per second for 3600 seconds

(...)

Their crafting recipes would get increasingly more complex and so forth. Depending on the used ingredients, the effective time would change (this would be achieved by more crafting recipes). I could create this in Tes5Edit myself without many problems.

HOWEVER,

1. I would prefer to use custom assets from free modders resources, but I can't seem to add them to the mod, doesn't matter where I copy-paste the nifs and textures (the asset just doesn't show up in game, it remains invisible, but otherwise works fine (I tried to use a new asset for ale in a new makeshift .esp which only had that entry and made a basic crafting recipe for it).

2. There is Cannabis Skyrim, which has all my drug-related wishes in it. Regarding the permission for using the assets of that mod, they are free to use as long as the original author was credited (read Creative Commons v4 license if interested). However, I would only want two things from that mod, and not the rest:

- The blunt smoking animation

- The blunt asset, or rather the pipe asset from Pipe Smoking (same author), with the standing smoking animation from Cannabis Skyrim (this mod has a sitting animation for the pipe, sadly).

I don't know how to add the animations and the assets to my own mod and make them work together (i.e. the animations should fire when the player uses the created ingestible (the pipe or the blunt)). Also, if it would be possible, I would prefer to have the pipe model (Pipe Smoking mod) with the standing smoking animation of Cannabis Skyrim. However, I don't know if the pipe model would line up well with the standing animation, so that also might need adjustments.

As I said, I could easily make the mod without animations and with vanilla assets, but I want to do it properly. Could anyone help me with this project?

Archived