Bodyslide ruining HDT?

maybeGoodAtSkyrim

Soooooooooooo, basically i love playing skyrim with HDT, and for a long time it worked perfectly, but then i got an Genius idea that i would want to try out Bodyslide. So i found a preset i liked, put it into bodyslide, built it and voila! suddenly HDT just stopped working, no more jiggle to be seen. Now, i did use a cbbe body with HDT, and i have all HDT files install. it worked perfectly until i used bodyslide.

Any ideas?

screenshot and begging for help.png

No clicking build only builds the selected object in your case you only built the body.

You would have to go download HDT outfits for Bodyslide and "batch build" those as well.

Outfits don't actually come with Bodyslide, so your going to have to go find some online as well for download and some outfit packs get rather large in file size.

My own Book of UUNP bodyslide files come out to around 18 gigs of information for example.

As far as HDT stopping working this sounds more like you overwrote your HDT files....So digging around in the XML area to check to see they are still there.

Bodyslide does come prepacked with some XML's but I have no idea what options you selected when you installed Bodyslide.

there's your problem - build the outfits too. right now, you've only built the naked body. you gotta build all the clothed bodies too. use batch build and check them all off to build them all in one go or build them individually if you want to make tweaks to them as you go. there may be issues if you don't have mods that provide bodyslide sliders for the vanilla clothes and any clothing mods you have installed.

personally, I use ct77's remodeled armour, which has bodyslide files for all vanilla clothes and armour (although it looks like that mod is gone now ?).

@Gameplayer

I'll try to make this as detailed as possible, but im horrible at writing and my English is abyssmal.

Aight, when i installed Bodyslide i chose CBBE HDT, because i always use CBBE so it only made sense it would work that way, and the preset's creator also made it with cbbe so it sounded best that way. when i found out that HDT wasn't working i immediatly re installed all my HDT files so i cant see why it would be overwritten.

20 minutes ago, lucksyess said:

@balth I did not build the outfits, under the outfit tabs i did find "cbbe hdt", but i was pretty sure that when i clicked build, it build both the cbbe hdt "outfit" and my preset. Does it not build both at the same time?

(btw edge has been removed thanks for the tip)

Ok First you should see a button that says "SAVE PRESET", it will give you a small dropbox of items groups to check off. You should also name you new body even though it is a preset you DL'd (otherwise it will be known as custom preset). Second there will be another button "BATCH BUILD" this will list every individual outfit you have loaded, run this (may take a few). Now you should be good to go.

23 minutes ago, lucksyess said:

@balth so i did the batch thing, and it was building all kinds of outfits, so i made it only build the cbbe hdt thing, and i hate to say it but it made no difference, no jiggle to be seen. it is truly a sad day.

you want it to build all the outfits. if you go into the game and take your characters clothes off, you'll probably notice that when she's naked, hdt works, but when she's wearing clothes, it won't. this is because the game has a two body system - one for when your body is naked (think of it as "naked armor") and one for when you are clothed. if you build only the one body, then you are essentially only building the "naked armour". for every piece of armour and clothing in the game you will have to build the body in bodyslide.

use your saved preset and then "batch build", i.e build all the armour bodies in one batch (as opposed to individually, although you can do that too by going down the list one by one and clicking build). that way you will have hdt when naked and when clothed.

@balth ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, guess who got their game working, (spoiler its me)

so yeah, i reinstalled all my HDT stuff, and installed one reccomended by the Creator of the preset, and now i finally got my jiggle back.

Thanks everyone for the help, and hopefully now i'll know how to do bodyslide stuff.

look at it this way - in game, when your character puts on torso armour or clothes, you "swap" your whole torso for a new one that looks like it is wearing the item of choice. if that "new" torso isn't built with hdt through bodyslide, then hdt won't work on it in game. building only the cbbe hdt body in bodyslide means that when you're naked in game you are really wearing "naked armour" with hdt - that hdt won't carry over when you "swap" torsos by equipping/wearing armour/clothes.

im no expert...are you using the right bodyslide.dont know if your using oldrim or se. i dont use se,im seeing to diferent versions of bodyslide in posts above.the post that woking 56 provides looks diferent to me,so im guessing its for se.that lead me to think maybe wrong version bodyslide if your using se

Archived