How does load order work in CK2?

mild96

Got to CK after modding Bethesda games for years and Im a little pertrubed in regards to conflict resolution. Say I have two mods modifying 00_scripted_triggers.txt, I can create a patch to make them work together, but what do I do with it afterwards to make sure the patch has the final say? in Fallout or TES Id just place it below the mods in the load order, but that feature seems to be inexplicably lacking in CK.

14 minutes ago, mild96 said:

Got to CK after modding Bethesda games for years and Im a little pertrubed in regards to conflict resolution. Say I have two mods modifying 00_scripted_triggers.txt, I can create a patch to make them work together, but what do I do with it afterwards to make sure the patch has the final say? in Fallout or TES Id just place it below the mods in the load order, but that feature seems to be inexplicably lacking in CK.

Load order is alphabetical (ascii, to be exact). You can modify thst by adding dependencies to the mod file. That loads the mod immediately after the last dependenciƱy ('last' again in ascii order).

Archived