[Question] Getting correct body texture/tint in non-BODY slot

JosefGrey

Heya guys. Hopefully this is an okay place to ask this since it's with reference to an adult mod. I have a question regarding using the body mesh in equipment that doesn't go in the "BODY" equipment slot.

From my tests, if I try to equip an object with a body model in the .nif in a different slot other than the BODY equipment slot (for example, one of the Unnamed slots), I end up with the human texture (even when my race is a Khajiit, Argonian, or a custom race). All other aspects of the body texture work fine (such as skin tone and even the color... such as being green when an orc). Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this, or is it absolutely hardcoded into the game that to get the correct body texture info the equipment has to be in the Body slot?

I know it's kind of a tough question, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Just ask if you need more info. Thanks!

Archived