Auto equip

sharky51

Hi all

I'm sure this was asked before but i couldn't find the information with the search function.

So I working on this FONV mod and I need a script to add the ears and tail after choosing the race.

I'm a bloody noob when it comes to scripting so any help will be most appreciated.

Oh and here are a few pics from the mod as it is now:

many thanks in advance

scn AddEarsAndTailQuestScript

Begin GameMode

int doOnce

if GetPCIsRace YourRaceEditorID       ; example Asian
       if 0 == doOnce
           player.additem EarsEditorID       ; example RacialEars
           player.equipitem EarsEditorID 0 1 ; example RacialEars
           player.additem TailEditorID       ; example RacialTail
           player.equipitem TailEditorID 0 1 ; example RacialTail
           set doOnce to 1
       endif
   endif

End ; GameMode

You would make a quest set to start game enabled. You would make a script and the name you give this script would be what you would place after "scn" in the above code instead of "AddEarsAndTailQuestScript". The above code would be the code in the script. Your new race editor id would be used instead of "YourRaceEditorID". The ears editor id would be used instead of "EarsEditorID" and the tail editor id would be used instead of "TailEditorID". If you want the player to not be able to remove the ears and tail, each equipitem line should end in " 1 1" instead of " 0 1". If you wanted the player to see the message that the ears and tail were added, the equipitem lines should end in "0" instead of "1".

There are other ways to handle this, like having a trigger outside doc's house to start the check. Or using StopQuest instead of just setting doOnce to 1.

Archived