Issues encountered when attempting to create costume mods! Please help!

curseknight

Hello guys, I am creating costume mods and trying to implement fall-off/destruction effect among other things and I have ready meshes. However I came across some issues I have not been able to resolve thus far. If you know the solution for any of the below problems, please post it! Thanks!

- I can swap textures using Texture Tool, but I cannot add new textures to a TMC file. How do I do this?

- In the object tool, I don't have the drop down for hiding meshes to obtain the destruction effect. Destruction mod files show that option, so how do I make a "normal" TMC have the option for hiding meshes?

- All my tools are in Japanese but screenshots everywhere show the same tools in English. I have downloaded from links I've found here that have taken me to Google Drive. My Windows' non unicode setting is set to Japanese, but I have also opened the tools inside a clean VM and they are in Japanese (!)

- Some DLC files NEVER decrypt for me, no matter what method I use (Archive Tool, Archivarius, BLP Converter, etc), it seems that they lack decryption keys for newer DLC.

Oh boy, ok, if you downloaded all your tools from it's original source, in each tool folder you'll find a file named ''Language.dat.disable'', just rename it to ''Langage.dat'' and you'll have your tool in english, do the same for other dtk mnr tools too, or go to Otakadelic's thread, he's doing some translation project for those tools, and how to add nex textures, once you have changed the language file and have your tools in english, in texture tool just make a right click and select add slots, then write how many slots you'll need click ok and it's done. If you are having troubles extracting TMC files from DLC's update the ''file5lr.dat'' to the latest version in this tools: LR Photo Studio, Archive Tool and DLC Tool, you can find it in modders base along with lnk_resshuffle

you'll need a .PHYD file, this file triggers destruction/transformation effects, it can be extracted too, or use one from another mod, make sure to open it with HxD editor, your TMC file must be open with Object Tool and select the part that you want to stay hidden and select '' hidden'' and rename to WGT_headdress or WGT_cap, it depends how is configurated your .PHYD file.

Thank you. I did test all the tools quite a lot, it's just that there is little guidance in learning their functionality. I never had tried to add an object by right clicking on the Toggable column, for example, it's a quite specific detail that even one who stress tests an undocumented application can overlook. I hope this thread will help those with this trouble in the future!

@funnybunny666 Suppose I want to add a "falling object", a dummy mesh that is initially hidden, and appears when destruction is triggered, then falls to the floor. If I just add a new object it will copy over the bones, and the mesh will glitch ingame. How do I properly do this? I tried to imitate mods where this effect works however the mesh stays attached to the character's body (moving on the floor with the character).

@funnybunny666 No, you don't understand. I got the desired effect of replacing meshes, but I want to create an object which falls like a hat, being replaced with a mesh that is not "tied to the body" and just falls to the floor, on hit (just like vanilla). I have managed this mesh to appear but it glitches out as it's somehow attached to the skeleton, and I have downloaded a mod where this effect works perfectly (a mock bikini object appears and drops to the floor)

I know what you wanted to say, you are using falling objects and you want to stay on floor the rest of the match, but you are using an object with bone functions and always get your character glitched, and you are looking for a solution,  I haven't tried a solution for that issue, that's why I always configure my mods to those falling objects always disappear from the fight, have you tried to rename your object groups as WGT_cap, WGT_headdress or WGT_ball?, or using combinations of WGT_headdress and WGT_cap in one .TMC file?, and tried all those combinations?, if you just want to those mesh objects just disappear from the match, use WGT_headdress combination for one level of destruction, since I don't know what kind of mod and how many levels of destruction are you using, I can't give a proper answer, try all those combinations and make sure to set properly your .PHYD file, there is a part in it were you can configure it to have 2 levels of destruction.

hxd.jpg

in the image above, the part were it says 1PDS0

1PDS0 = 2 levels of destruction

1PDS = 1 level of destructiion

you can configure .PHYD files to trigger falling objects from a .TMC file mod, rename WGT_headdress to the one you need, WGT_cap or WGT_ball or WGT_headdrsss, etc..

No, no, my mod is working perfectly but I want of my own desire to include the falling object to give the effect that it "fell" rather than "disappeared". Similar to the falling bikini mod that I downloaded from somewhere. Below is a screenshot of the mod on LR Photo Studio and WGT_noseball is the object that shows up and falls to give that effect. I have been trying to copy that effect but have been unsuccessful.

image.thumb.png.8735c0cbc2304b78c6ab9e79a74d9940.png

No, I use WGT_headdress on the PHYD for the disappearing mesh, the same way that this mod I am reproducing does. It uses WGT_headdress for the mesh that disappears and WGT_noseball / WGT_cap for the meshes that appear. WGT_noseball is the bikini that drops to the floor and WGT_cap is the alternate body mesh in that mod (it works perfectly). I have created a noseball mesh group and I have added weight to it, but it doesn't work as intended. The rest works fine. Here is one of the numerous attempts that I have made and resulted in a glitch (here I transferred weight from Tina's cap from one of her vanilla costumes, and ported to tmcmesh from Blender): 

unknown.png

Archived