Purple body

It had been ages since I had a good play of FO4 so I decided to fire it up again. The previous character I had, had tattoos but this time I wanted something different. So after removing the tattoo mod, and reinstalling the silky smooth body texture I now have a purple body. 

Ideas?

Have you already tried deleting the mod and downloading it again? Corrupted files maybe?
Purple texture means bad texture or wrong path. If you are using CBBE there should be no problem with this, at last.
Test with another skin also, it is easy to narrow down your problem to it.
About the tattoo mod, it was a skin texture wtith tattoos right, not the overlays from Looksmenu? Just to be sure.

If they were Overlays, there is a chance one of them is deinstalled and still present in the character, but my guess is that it is not the problem. Used to occur in Skyrim, never saw it in FO4.

Just removing all skin texture mods should also do the trick if you are using CBBE, switching back to it's main files.

You probably have files that should not be there, maybe bad install or left over of another mod. Or maybe just game corruption.
Verify file integrity with Steam first. You don't use Mod Organizer, right?

With CBBE and any skin mods disabled, go to Data/Textures/actors/character/basehumanfemale and see if it have anything there. It shouldn't, so remove any file you find there.
Same thing for meshes/actors/character/characterassets (femalebody).

You are not using unique player or mods like that, are you? Look at your mods and try to focus on the ones that change body, skin and player character and try disabling them to test.

Archived