DW:R Werewolves

Hobokilla24

So ever since I first played DW i absolute loved the werewolves content, and while i like the direction the content in DW:R is going i would still like it to be expanded. So in order to get to that point I wanted to start new mod with the focus on the werewolf content. So far i have gotten a decent amount of content done but its currently a complete mess. While i work towards fixing up what i have so far and working towards making it more compatible with future DW:R updates I would like to share what i have.

The other reason im posting this is because i am not a writer, im sure that most of my event descriptions are either overly long or cringy as hell, which is why I am asking for help from any promising writers out there to help with those.

Below is the doc im using to keep tract of my plans and ideas as well as write events:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_KHaEXo8HvM7RoLDw0yXrNmRz2IKn_-ubqj9yvTvaoM/edit#

Im also looking to make this a team effort so anyone that would like to help in any way just send me a PM

You have many ideas I like in there, some of which I have already been working on for Darkest Perversions, such as an in-heat cycle and more events around dominant werewolves using omega males, bitches, and other canines including feral and even thinks like kitsune (even though they are vulpine).  

Your expanded pack hierarchy is nice.

Mechanically, the CK2 engine has some serious challenges towards what you want to do with the portraits, but if you can make it happen, good on you, sir.  Currently, there are only two things can can have color.  One is eyes and one is hair/beard.  It hasn't stopped me from trying to figure out how to do it for my random furry generator though.  If I come up with any viable successes, I'll let you know.

You have many ideas I like in there, some of which I have already been working on for Darkest Perversions, such as an in-heat cycle and more events around dominant werewolves using omega males, bitches, and other canines including feral and even thinks like kitsune (even though they are vulpine).  

Your expanded pack hierarchy is nice.

Mechanically, the CK2 engine has some serious challenges towards what you want to do with the portraits, but if you can make it happen, good on you, sir.  Currently, there are only two things can can have color.  One is eyes and one is hair/beard.  It hasn't stopped me from trying to figure out how to do it for my random furry generator though.  If I come up with any viable successes, I'll let you know.

Currently my knowledge is based solely on the CK2 wiki so I very well might be wrong on this, but as far as I'm aware the game does not technically allow for any colors like in the sense of most character creators, but simply just stacks images together in a order defined by the properties set in a few files and the categories in-game. So technically you could have anything you want have different colors, you just need to make a separate image for each color you want.

For example if you want to have a red and blue wolf as a characters but wanted them to fall under a single race and have custom ears, face, and eyes, you would need to make a total of 6 images, a image of just red ears, blue ears, a red face, a blue face, red eyes, and blue eyes.

There is a little more too it than that but that is a basic summery that i have gathered so far.

I've always thought that certain interactions between different races in DW has a lot of potential, and it would add a lot more immersion to the gameplay in general, this is a really great idea

I've always thought that certain interactions between different races in DW has a lot of potential, and it would add a lot more immersion to the gameplay in general, this is a really great idea

Currently i wanted to keep events kinda focused only around humans and werewolves right now, as to kinda retain focus and to make sure the mod stays compatible to other mods. The most i was willing to dive into other races, and i know its technically not a race but its still not a generic human, is traps and futas. I might have references to other races found in DW:R, since its going to be a requirement to run this anyways, but i don't want to add any more races to the mod itself.

So its taken awhile but im pretty sure i know how to make custom races now, for the most part, and have basically finished the base for the werewolf race and separated the ears, mouth, head, and neck, but i still want to separate the muzzle and the eyes maybe just in case. I still need to make a teen, adult, and elder version for each, not super sure how to distinguish them since wrinkles would look weird on fur, plus females which might be even more annoying. I also want to have at least 3 variations on each part plus add 3 beards, I might try to add hair but idk how well that would look. I look forward to feedback, but as a note im trying to make sure that it somewhat fits with the style of base game portraits at least a little. Check it out below:

V75UoWE.jpg

As a secondary note im still looking for writers to help with the other parts of the mod, any programmers that might want to work on expanding werewolves are also welcome. PM me if you are interested.

Archived