[Blender?] Hiding the body behind the outfit to prevent clipping?

sinivii

Hey there, trying to convert a few outfits from one bodytype to another in Fallout New Vegas, and I am using Blender as the method following these rough guidelines: http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_armor_mashups_for_fallout

At step 5 they mention that the parts you can't see don't matter, because you can delete the vertices. Is this something akin to Outfit Studio's mask and hide function? Or do you actually delete parts of the body to "Hide" the clipping? 

Suffice to say, I am a Blender Noob. 

Tangent: 
Finding shit out and trying it out is so much fun. When I first found the guide I scrambled the internet to try and make sense of it, and gathered little bits and pieces of information and guides here and there... And suddenly I started realizing what the tools did! After lots of trial and error and fuck-ups. The fuck-ups hasn't stopped, but I have a constant stream of EUREKA!'s today. 

Why didn't you just follow a step-by-step beginners guide you ask? 
Why, I am! Just... Not in any recommended order. 

Moved out of the tutorials section because this is a question, not a tutorial.

As to your question, yes, you delete the vertices.  You don't need any of the body that isn't visible or the parts that are clipping.  For boobs/butts, delete enough vertices back that you won't have bounce clipping (if you have bouncy versions of the body/clothes).

FNV, FO3 and Oblivion don't have outfit studio, so there is no comparison.  Completely different processes and programs.

Agh, I fucked up on the thread placement, too! Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Thank you for the quick answer, though. That makes this conversion on the easier side I guess, as most of the body is covered up... Well, as easy as Blender gets at my beginner stage. 

Well I hit a snag. 

I am at the part where I am supposed to import a skeleton and parent the selected meshes (Nr.8 on the list), but as I am using a newer version of Blender (v2.78), I don't get any import options, and it imports the entire skeleton. 

That is probably not a problem, as I do need that skeleton, or at least some of it... I just don't know what, or how to parent it. 

UPDATE: 

EUREKA! I FOUND OUT! Trial and error strikes again!

The menu was there all the time I was just too blind to see it. 
...Hahaaaaa I am so tired. 

Onwards. 

Archived