Mods limit?

Hello.

I bought the game a year ago but I just started to modify it. The truth is that I'm adding mods like crazy ... so ... does anyone know what the limit is or there is no limit? I have added a lot of Mods (500 or more) but my folder is only 470 mb and my range is 70 fps in Ultra settings even in places with many objects and many Sims.  

Thanks. 

Guest Redabyss

Well, I have 540-ish mod and my game works fine, but eventually too many of them will be too many. I heard that some users, with too many mods, had slow-downs, but we're talking 1-2GB+ of contents.

I don't think there is, but too much stuff will eventually have negative effects.

Well, that's just a logical thing. For example ... Skyrim can only support 254 Mods.   :-/

I think ... I will not reach 1 GB of content, I already have almost everything I want. I just wanted to get some info and not burst the folder.   :P

there is no "real" mod limit but I've heard a lot of alpha CC can make the game run somewhat slower ( but idk because I'm not using alpha cc)

I personally have a 3gb mod folder with 2442 files but I read that some people got around 30gb mod folders and still playing fine.

also a way to fix some slowdowns is to merge some packages with sims4studio

Soooo, I hit about 18,000 cc files recently.  I don't have bowling, parenthood or vampires, think I have all other expansions and stuff packs.  My game runs pretty good.  Occasionally I have to hunt down some cc that causes a crash but once I do, I'm back in action.  If there is a limit I haven't reached it,  and I'm a cc hound!!!  Will check my file size and get back to you....

File size :         27.7 GB (29,779,165,310 bytes)

File contains:   18,440 Files, 87 Folders

I know I need an intervention.  Imma get my life together soon....  But for now... THIS!!!!

Hi there...

I have 1.3gb of mods installed at the moment and everything works fine..

the game loads fast and there are no slowdowns or something ingame.. 

Although i do not have them all in the same folder.. just in case there is a mod

that will crash the game I know when I installed and find it!

I make a new folde for every day I put new mod's into the game!

And some special folders for testing new stuff!

post-2177592-0-85498100-1501347481_thumb.jpg

there is no "real" mod limit but I've heard a lot of alpha CC can make the game run somewhat slower ( but idk because I'm not using alpha cc)

I personally have a 3gb mod folder with 2442 files but I read that some people got around 30gb mod folders and still playing fine.

also a way to fix some slowdowns is to merge some packages with sims4studio

Oh. Well, I'm not interested in that Mod. And I think then I should not worry about burst the folder. My folder now is 600 mb and the game is still running very well. I do not know if you speak only of the base game or about the game with all the DLCs included, that are many, I have them all included. 

Soooo, I hit about 18,000 cc files recently.  I don't have bowling, parenthood or vampires, think I have all other expansions and stuff packs.  My game runs pretty good.  Occasionally I have to hunt down some cc that causes a crash but once I do, I'm back in action.  If there is a limit I haven't reached it,  and I'm a cc hound!!!  Will check my file size and get back to you....

I know I need an intervention.  Imma get my life together soon....  But for now... THIS!!!!

That's pretty good to know! But the DLCs and extras, almost tripling the weight of the original game, I have them all. But I guess there's no problem in add many more mods.   :)  

Hi there...

I have 1.3gb of mods installed at the moment and everything works fine..

the game loads fast and there are no slowdowns or something ingame.. 

Although i do not have them all in the same folder.. just in case there is a mod

that will crash the game I know when I installed and find it!

I make a new folde for every day I put new mod's into the game!

And some special folders for testing new stuff!

attachicon.gifmods.jpg

Okay. Thanks by the info! 

I only place Mods in subfolders when that Mods have scripts and so far everything is fine.   :)

Well, as we have seen ... Seems that there are no limit of Mods in The Sims 4 ... So ... why other games have annoying limits? games like  Skyrim ... Can not be all games in PC like The Sims 4 that has no Mods limit? Does anyone know the reason?  

You can post an image of your game? I'm curious to see a game with so many Mods installed   :P

Well, as we have seen ... Seems that there are no limit of Mods in The Sims 4 ... So ... why other games have annoying limits? games like  Skyrim ... Can not be all games in PC like The Sims 4 that has no Mods limit? Does anyone know the reason?  

You can post an image of your game? I'm curious to see a game with so many Mods installed   :P

I don't have the whole explanation but the mod limit in skyrim is related to the engine that it only can read 255 hex digits (you see in your loadorder of skyrim every mod has 2 digits in front of it thats the hex number of that mod) but you can somewhat bypass that limit by merging your mods

tl;dr it's the engines fault that skyrim only can read 255 esp/esm mods

I don't have the whole explanation but the mod limit in skyrim is related to the engine that it only can read 255 hex digits (you see in your loadorder of skyrim every mod has 2 digits in front of it thats the hex number of that mod) but you can somewhat bypass that limit by merging your mods

tl;dr it's the engines fault that skyrim only can read 255 esp/esm mods

And that was done on purpose?

Yes. You can merge files but sooner or later you will find problems, also merge Mods with Scripts is death   :-/

Do you mean take a picture of one of my lots?  if so  here is one or two

post-1533554-0-60468900-1502164326_thumb.pngpost-1533554-0-11315400-1502164342_thumb.png:

I don't recommend merging packages this much.

In case of updates to a particular mod, you're screwed.

I pretty much merge everything except for script mods! I think you'll be good to go if you had everything else merged except for those. My game's been running better since i did so.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't recommend merging packages this much.

In case of updates to a particular mod, you're screwed.

I've never had a problem with that. You just need to take the Mod out of the merged package, update it and merge it again, but if I've had problems with invisible Mods, I mean that without merging the mods work fine but when are merged they become invisible (clothes, shoes , swords, things) that stinks. 

Do you mean take a picture of one of my lots?  if so  here is one or two

attachicon.gifOutside.pngattachicon.gifDiningRoom2.png:

Are cute.   :)

But I expected something more eccentric.

Archived