All the things bouncing around in my head

I love open world games and the power mods give to make your own story like I am my own personal movie director. I have always been a pretty creative person, majoring in art in college but then deciding I had to make some money (damn RL)  I have really no computer background as I am most likely one of the older people on the site (I typed on a typewriter in high school) and as such struggle to even keep my games running at times...but that doesnt mean I dont still have creative desires so here you go, these are all the mod ideas I have had for FO4. Some big, some small and some probably just an issue for how I play but you STILL get the pleasure of reading them if you want.

Alternate start ideas

- change the dynamic and possible appearance by making the PC an older teen who is helping a single parent raise their or your baby.

-make the starter house look different according to the PCs personality, if you want to play a biker thug the start up pre war house and starter clothes could fit that scenario, soldier, teacher, serial killer...kick off a personality in the beginning of the game.

Companions from game characters

-Jake Finch would make an interesting companion if saved from Saugus, he might see it as a way to redeem himself to his family.

-Mary Abernathys synth replacer. As a farm of influence and a nice spot to gather intel, the Institute had decided to replace Mary but when she was killed just before release, the loss of program direction reset synth Mary and she gained free will. Being so close to release anyway she managed to get passage out of the Institute and went to the only place she knows, Abernathy Farm. 

Gameplay improvements

-A bugout bag in your inventory that can keep specific junk in a specific quantity. Example, when I go grab a new settlement I often need to build a beacon or turrets or beds or plant food. Instead of constantly have to hunt through and load up this stuff all the time I would like a bag/container that will keep specific amount of stuff.

-You can only activate items or people in front of your character in 3rd person, line of sight. I am so sick of activating the current follower that is up my ass.....and for that matter

-followers stay out of my front facing and especially when I am shooting.

-Helmet light and head direction determined by camera direction in 3rd person, the lights rarely shine where you want them to with power armor or helmet light in 3rd person.

-sleep required to be rested properly based on how tired you are, you can nap for an hour if a little tired or you may have to sleep for 10 hours if you are really wiped out.

-Npc and companions to not grenade friendlies.

Quests

Faction based bounty quests for named legendary world spawns, if I am BoS I may get a quest to hunt down a courser named XX-69 with his bodyguard synths at random spawn x.

Settlement and settlers

-All world spawned settlers you run into will have a dialogue to tell them about a settlement you have started and possibly convince them to go.

-similar to Vinfamys Prostitution mod and the brothel safe, a town item that generates random traffic for your town settlement builds. Vagrants, shoppers, even possibly thieves.

-a mini game system to generate an attack on a settlement you have built defense on to test your defense and generate some entertaining fights. It could be based on your level as well as settlement size and defense.

-more animation rugs for dancers, strippers as well as brothel and gambling station resources. Stripper pole, card table, dice, knife throwing like darts. Also some animation rugs for things like prisoners and slaves.

-a method to show the front of workshop items

-an "escape" hatch for your settlement. Acting like a tunnel, its really no more than 2 hatches connected so when they are placed on solid ground or floor you can click on one to appear at the other shortly after.

-an irrigation settlement device you can build over food plants to up production but 50%. It needs power and water.

-a simple conduit made to fit on a corner and be able to link from both the wall to its left and right so you can wire around a corner easier.

Lots of this stuff is role play related in an attempt to add more depth and hopefully spark an idea in some modding genius, thanks for reading.

Archived