[Devious Devices] Can't remove plugs

While trying out the Devious Devices mod, my character got assaulted and had a variety of devices put on her. Awesome. It was a lot of hassle to get the ability to craft the keys so I could take them off, which honestly just made the experience more fun.

Except for the two "pear plugs of anguish" she has. I can't remove them. Going through the menu and activating them there gives me the message "You decide to put in the plug" and it immediately equips it again. I've tried dropping them on the ground and in containers. I tried the unequipall and removeallitems (and even individual player.removeitem item#) but nothing works. They are always automatically re-equiped! 

Does anyone know how to remove them? I'm losing my mind over here haha. I get that it's fun to have several items that are very difficult to remove, but this so far is literally impossible. 

Had the same problem with it and could only remove with the console.

Remove all the devices from your character and use the console commando "player.showinventory", search for the missing stuff and use "player.removeitem XXXXX" to get rid of it.

Had the same problem with it and could only remove with the console.

Remove all the devices from your character and use the console commando "player.showinventory", search for the missing stuff and use "player.removeitem XXXXX" to get rid of it.

Only remove the item with no name in the console then unequip the named part in your inventory, removing both via the console triggers a failsafe when removeall or unequipall is used and reequips the items.

Likely something happened that broke the link between the two parts such as removeall and unequipall used too many times and make them unremovable except by console. It doesn't happen often but if you see it regularly you should start looking at your logs and look for errors.