humongous fps drop in bannered mare and some spots in whiterun

Xaqq

I have a huge hunch this is 100% due to some script issue becuase if i pause, open up console commands fps goes to 60, which means its not a rendering problem.

When i go to bannered mare there are a quite a few npcs all in the area so its suspected that some kind of script may be affecting fps.

Is there a way for me to see what script is causing teh most fps drop? is there any script record at all so i can share it with u guys and maybe u can help me figure out what may be the issue?

basically my skyrim fps tanks from 60 to 10 when in bannered mare and pausing the game or opening console commands makes fps go back to 60.

I have a huge hunch this is 100% due to some script issue becuase if i pause, open up console commands fps goes to 60, which means its not a rendering problem.

When i go to bannered mare there are a quite a few npcs all in the area so its suspected that some kind of script may be affecting fps.

Is there a way for me to see what script is causing teh most fps drop? is there any script record at all so i can share it with u guys and maybe u can help me figure out what may be the issue?

basically my skyrim fps tanks from 60 to 10 when in bannered mare and pausing the game or opening console commands makes fps go back to 60.

unless you changed your fupdatebudgetms and/or fextrataskletbudggetms in your skyrim ini.. scripts should not really cause an fps drop like that.

They will only cycle in each render loop.

If you did change those... put them back to default (1.2) or 2.0 MAX

otherwise.. post your load order.  And do you have any custom npcs or modified npcs in the bannered mare?  

unless you changed your fupdatebudgetms and/or fextrataskletbudggetms in your skyrim ini.. scripts should not really cause an fps drop like that.

They will only cycle in each render loop.

If you did change those... put them back to default (1.2) or 2.0 MAX

otherwise.. post your load order.  And do you have any custom npcs or modified npcs in the bannered mare?  

I can't exactly find those things in skyrim.ini,

I did find a "fUpdateBudget=1.5" should i set that to 1.2?

The problem here is that when walking in towns my fps drops in literally random areas and go back to 60 when i walk a few steps forward. I have a hunch that it may have to do with polling rate of some of my other mods but i turned a lot of those off... or maybe even wetfunction redux with it's global auto-fix broken mechanic that tracks every npc and makes them wet based on certain boundaries? ye i'm not quite sure at the moment, I just wish there was a definitive way to see in the records.

This sounds suspiciously like you have HDT and a few NPCs without the XPMSE skeleton.

i do have XPMSE installed and XPMS installed under it.

I also have All-in-one animated pussy mod, should i install XPMSE over AIO?

Nah, this one is about the animation rate of the skinned trees. fUpdateBudgetMS should be under the Papyrus section. If it doesn't exist this means you are using the default value and this is good.

Wait, you installed the old XPMS under XPMSE? As, it overwrites it?

Nah, this one is about the animation rate of the skinned trees. fUpdateBudgetMS should be under the Papyrus section. If it doesn't exist this means you are using the default value and this is good.

Wait, you installed the old XPMS under XPMSE? As, it overwrites it?

ye i overwrote xpms with xpmse i think. Lemme do it again just to make sure.

So you're saying i dont need XPMS if i have XPMSE?

EDIT: welp GG i fixed it, re-installing XPMSE fixed the issue. wow i'm dumb.

Yes.. you only need xpmse.   Also what Shira mentioned and what I was alluding to earlier.. any npcs that have CUSTOM skeletons in their directory will need to have you manually copy the skeleton to their folder as well.

This could be why in certain areas the fps drops.  If an npc without the skeleton pops in your area.. you will notice the fps drop.  So look around those areas for npcs you customized or custom followers.

Archived