Is it possible to combine outfits together via Bodyslide? [Better description of question inside]

There's some vanilla armor replacers on Nexus mods called made by Diablo that are the source of my query which I will link below

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72775/?

As you can see, when you get these installed, it comes with multiple different styles of each armor replacer to choose from within bodyslide. What I want to know is this: is it possible to combine all of them together into one outfit profile then enable zaps sliders to be able to give the user the ability to choose which specific parts he wants and doesn't want? And if I can't do it in bodyslide, is there an alternative method I can use?

I hope I explained myself well enough. I'm not the best at finding the words to explain things thoroughly.

Since it uses Nisetanaka's assets which normally come in modular form,  it seems he's built these options so each one you choose is a direct drop in replacement for their vanilla counterparts.. So  for example his dwarven set mirrors it's  vanilla counterpart's folder structure, mesh names and texture paths.

So he's basically taken say, a chest piece, and imported modular parts from Nisetanaka's original mods. If you wanted more of those parts included than he's chosen, you'd do the same via Outfit Studio, obviously making sure you're not replacing the original mesh but rather, building it up piece by piece. Obviously every piece you import will need to have it's texture path made the same as the vanilla ones.

Once done, you could then define a zap slider for each of those pieces as you say, to configure the armor look to your liking. 

Yeah, but unfortunately, Nisetanaka's assets are not replacers while the ones Diablo converted are replacers and I'm lookng to create replacers. Is there a guide on how to import pieces of multiple outfits as well as converting an outfit into a replacer for a vanilla outfit?

Yeah, but unfortunately, Nisetanaka's assets are not replacers while the ones Diablo converted are replacers and I'm lookng to create replacers. Is there a guide on how to import pieces of multiple outfits as well as converting an outfit into a replacer for a vanilla outfit?

It's like there there's an echo in here. :P

A replacer is generally just a copy of  the vanilla folder structure for a given armor that's contained in the game's BSAs, but with your preferred meshes (and textures) in there rather than the vanilla ones. Your replacer mod then just overwrites the BSA content.

So take the Wolf armor for example. I want to replace it with 'itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini' instead:

- the default path for Wolf armor is meshes\armor\wolf, and the mesh is called bodyf._1.nif.

-  I drop the itsy bitsy bikini armor in that folder, and manually change it's name from bikini_1.nif. to  bodyf_1.nif

-  game loads bikini armor but as far as it's concerned it's Wolf armor. Et voila.

As for the other part, yes there are guides for various tasks in OS here on this site. And what you want to do isn't difficult, but if you don't know your way around OS it's going to seem like it is. There's just no way around this, if you want to do this sort of work you're just going to have to hit those guides. 

Very briefly, to achieve what you want you could just follow Diablio's lead using his mod.

- open your armor project in OS. Make sure the output paths match that of your replacer mod

- bring in the additional pieces via the file menu

- make sure everything conforms correctly to your reference body shape, make any adjustments, apply your weights etc

- paint a mask for each piece, invert your mask and create your zap sliders

- Save your project and drop the resulting calientetools output into your replacer mod.

- load the armor in Bodyslide, select your zaps

- build 

In order to replace a vanilla outfit the only thing you need to do is make sure the nifs have the correct name and folder structure in your skyrim directory.  

For example, if you want to replace the Dwarven female armor, all you have to do is make sure there is a dwarvenafmorf_0.nif and dwarvenarmorf_1.nif inside the meshes\armor\dwarven folder.  However this only affects the armor as it appears when equipped, it doesn't update the model that shows up when you view the item in your inventory (that's usually in a _gnd.nif file in the same location, but could technically be changed in the esp).  Some replacers create/update this file, others don't.  the _gnd file is definitely not required, but it does help identify what an item looks like before you equip it.

As for combining the multiple different parts of the armor, you would need to do it in outfit studio.  If you want the output to be a bodyslide project file which you can then run in bodyslide, you can go that route.  If you just want a "quick and dirty" you could just load the nif in outfit studio and make changes that way.  Going the project route (hijacking off existing project of the Remodeled Armor for UUNP Bodyslide HDT as an example)

Before you start: a fairly easy way to get everything is to build a single outfit in bodyslide, and copy the _0.nif and _1.nif into another folder so it doesn't get overwritten.  For example: you want to create an new bodyslide that includes the dwarven armor A, B and C

In Bodyslide: 

1) Build your armor like normal.  

2) After it's built, locate where it would normally be saved, rename it (e.g. dwarvenarmorf_0 to dwarvenarmorbf_0)

3) Repeat for all armors you want.

In outfit studio: 

1) File > Load Project > WTF Replacer Dwarven Option A.osp (your osp or xml file is going to be whatever the Nisetanaka's bodyslide project is)

(Bodyslide Project files are generally under Data\CalienteTools\Bodyslide\SliderSets)

2) File > Import > From Nif > Select the armor you wanted from import the shapes from (dwarvenarmorb_0)

3) Delete just the BODY mesh from the imported armor (the UUNP_Oufit)

4) Repeat step 2/3 for every nif you generated in the bodyslide part (e.g. import dwarvenarmorbf_0, then dwarvenarmorcf_0).  Since you have 3 different armors, it will likely look like a cluster fuck in outfit studio with all the meshes you have.

5) Anything meshes you never want in the final product and not zappable, you would delete.  Everything you want to create a zap slider for...you create a zap slider for.  Since each mesh is a pretty modular part, the sliders should be pretty easy, but you'll have a bunch.  Just select the mesh (e.g. DwarvenArmorF.017.02) on the top right pane, then select Slizer > New Zap Slider.  I would give it a more user friendly name (e.g. DwarvenArmorF.017.002 would be ArmorA_NippleArmor and DwarvenArmorF.017..03 would be ArmorA_NippleArmorStrap).  

6) Repeat step 5 for EVERY zappable piece there.  The more oufits you add the longer it's gonna take.  Alternatively, set some of these as a default on/off so when you load it up in bodyslide it isn't a complete clusterfuck.

7) Finally, save the project. (File > Save Project if you want to clobber the existing or File > Save Project as to save it as a new one).

8) Now, go back into bodyslide and pull up your outfit you did.  Depending on what you did and what zaps you set as a default on/off, you should see your armor there, and the zap sliders.  Turning them on/off should show/hide different pieces of the armor.  In my screenshot, I only did two because there's a lot and I'm lazy since I won't ever be using this for myself.

I shorthanded some stuff, if you really want to learn this, just look up youtube videos on what people did.  

http://imgur.com/a/SgjYt

Archived