player character dark face + follower blue eyes

Ahmy

i searched in google and read more than one thread and still didnt find a fix

1- my problem is with the main character only, her face is dark out of sudden, I don't remember installing a mod that is related to character lately.

darkface.jpg

2- also and while i am already posting a thread here, some of mod followers that i have encounter a bug where the white part of the eye is in blue

3- an extra question Dx , when i click shift+enter my enb is loading i can see the hour glass for loading but it doesn't open no matter how long i wait

1 -- The "grey face" or "dark face" so-called bug is the cause of this.  However, it's not a "bug" at all.  It's a left-out step in the creation of the mod.

Here's how to fix it:

Open the CK, load Skyrim.

In the ACTORS tab, find "Player" (OR any character added by a mod, that has this darker face issue). 

You *must* do this in the ACTORS tab; it doesn't work if you just "search" in All section of the object window.

Highlight the Player or the added Character, and click Ctrl + F4.  Click OK on the pop up box.  Click OK on the Done box.  This exports the face files to your Textures folder.

Click Save in the File dropdown (upper left corner of the CK window).  Then click Exit.  Now go enjoy your game.

If you used any kind of texture replacer for the body and skin, you MUST re-do this process.  NOT doing this is ALMOST ALWAYS the reason for the "grey face" or "dark face" bug.

(If you don't know how to use the CK, learn.  It's easy, and there are tutorials for it all over the place, including YouToob as well as text and screenshot only tutorials.  You don't have to be a mod creator to use it to fix minor things like this, or to simply go through and look at the mods you use.)

2 -- When you say "the white part of the eye is blue", do you mean BLUE, like an eye-color?  Or do you mean a sort of purplish-blue, which would indicate that the DDS file for the texture set is missing (or can't be found)?

3 -- The ENB question I can't answer.  That takes someone with brains, and I'm just a texture artist. =)

Very likely you've installed something that changes part of the head or face you will have to open racemenu, sometimes just open it and press done will work other times you may have to bump the body texture or weight slider around to get it to correct. If it doesn't fix then whatever mod you installed is causing the problem for any number of reasons.

NPC discolored eyes are likely related to the same problem but it might help if you inform us of what mods you added since this started.

1 -- The "grey face" or "dark face" so-called bug is the cause of this.  However, it's not a "bug" at all.  It's a left-out step in the creation of the mod.

Here's how to fix it:

Open the CK, load Skyrim.

In the ACTORS tab, find "Player" (OR any character added by a mod, that has this darker face issue). 

You *must* do this in the ACTORS tab; it doesn't work if you just "search" in All section of the object window.

Highlight the Player or the added Character, and click Ctrl + F4.  Click OK on the pop up box.  Click OK on the Done box.  This exports the face files to your Textures folder.

Click Save in the File dropdown (upper left corner of the CK window).  Then click Exit.  Now go enjoy your game.

If you used any kind of texture replacer for the body and skin, you MUST re-do this process.  NOT doing this is ALMOST ALWAYS the reason for the "grey face" or "dark face" bug.

(If you don't know how to use the CK, learn.  It's easy, and there are tutorials for it all over the place, including YouToob as well as text and screenshot only tutorials.  You don't have to be a mod creator to use it to fix minor things like this, or to simply go through and look at the mods you use.)

2 -- When you say "the white part of the eye is blue", do you mean BLUE, like an eye-color?  Or do you mean a sort of purplish-blue, which would indicate that the DDS file for the texture set is missing (or can't be found)?

3 -- The ENB question I can't answer.  That takes someone with brains, and I'm just a texture artist. =)

1- I had an update for my graphic card driver, and when I was asked to restart i did, and for some reason my MO used a backup (maybe encountered a problem) after the backup I didn't have the problem.

Thanks for giving a way tho in case i encounter this in future, and i used CK for some simple things so I would learn more if needed

2- I mean blue eye yeah as the color of the eye is blue (not the iris) i don't know if i would call it purplish blue, its dark blue

3- it also fixed with my restart after the driver update

thanks very much

Very likely you've installed something that changes part of the head or face you will have to open racemenu, sometimes just open it and press done will work other times you may have to bump the body texture or weight slider around to get it to correct. If it doesn't fix then whatever mod you installed is causing the problem for any number of reasons.

NPC discolored eyes are likely related to the same problem but it might help if you inform us of what mods you added since this started.

for now the first problem is fixed.

the eye thing i didn't encounter it with the last 5 followers i used but i believe it may happen and idk if a mod is the reason of this :/ it doesnt happen to npc only follower mods

I'm so glad it got sorted out for you.  It does sound like there was a texture issue or texture path issue after your update.  But if everything's pretty now, awesome!

thanks very much

so the blue eye is actually purplish, any simple way to fix it << i would mind a complicated way too!

blue-purplish-eyes.jpg

Hmm.  Looking at that, I actually *can't* tell if it's a missing texture map.  It almost looks as if the artist intended to get that look, to give a sort of mystic look to the eyes.  I can't tell for sure.

But didn't you say it was NOT like that before you got the new graphics card / update?  So that makes me wonder if it is something going wrong with texture.dds and texture_n.dds files aligning right -- either with each other, or with the eye and face portion of the character skeleton.  Possibly the CHANGED texture file is linked to the VANILLA _n.dds file, instead of having a _n.dds file of its own.

Does it only happen with NPCs and followers, or does it happen to your player-character, too?  If it's globally, then it seems to me it has to be the texture not fitting the eyeball NIFs (basically).  If it's only NPCs / Followers, then that makes me think that something about one of your people-mods alters the face or eyes structurally.  (The NIF that is.)

And the reason it shows up now, when it didn't before, is that the new card / updated card now makes things sharper and easier to see.

Hmm.  Looking at that, I actually *can't* tell if it's a missing texture map.  It almost looks as if the artist intended to get that look, to give a sort of mystic look to the eyes.  I can't tell for sure.

But didn't you say it was NOT like that before you got the new graphics card / update?  So that makes me wonder if it is something going wrong with texture.dds and texture_n.dds files aligning right -- either with each other, or with the eye and face portion of the character skeleton.  Possibly the CHANGED texture file is linked to the VANILLA _n.dds file, instead of having a _n.dds file of its own.

Does it only happen with NPCs and followers, or does it happen to your player-character, too?  If it's globally, then it seems to me it has to be the texture not fitting the eyeball NIFs (basically).  If it's only NPCs / Followers, then that makes me think that something about one of your people-mods alters the face or eyes structurally.  (The NIF that is.)

And the reason it shows up now, when it didn't before, is that the new card / updated card now makes things sharper and easier to see.

I would say the artist intended that if it was only this one, but there are many of them like that from different people (not all of them tho), can it be a certain magic in game that has this effect? <<<< Btw i have never played skyrim, I am making a modded one to play it for the first time (I don't want to play it unmod-ed)

about the eye being purple it was like that before and after , the only thing that was not like that before the update is the dark face and the enb problem

I didnt see this problem with npc, only a follower mod and for sure not all the followers but i can say out of 10 followers i have 3-4 with that problem.

and thanks a lot for trying to help, even if i can't fix it i still appreciate your tries to help me :D

Archived