One specific household won't load.

Guest Redabyss

Guest Redabyss

So uh I have a problem that occurred long before installing WW, in fact this issue is completely unrelated to WW (but this section is for general technical support, so I thought I could use the help of you guys).

Basically I have one specific household that just won't load, unless I put the pc in standby, re-open it and re-open the game (all of this while the household in question is loading).

This household has 5 family member (two women, two men and a child), two of whom, the second couple, are "innocent" (tried to move them to another house, they loaded just fine).

My belief is that the first couple had a problem related to knowing too many Sims (I imputed the cheat "know everyone" for both of them, and afterwards the problem occurred), but today I erased many of their relationships, via the Mc command mod, and nothing has changed.

If I try to move to another house the woman of the first couple, she would load just fine, but if I put everything back together, the issue persists.

I tried to replace their house, nothing changed.

I tried to launch the household via the "build" and "visit" option, and the household can load that way... so, I dunno, maybe there's some glitch related to the man of the first couple, but I can't figure which is.

I have no previous saves I can use.

This problem isn't very serious to me, since I can always summon both the Sims of the first couple and control them in another household, but I would like to solve the issue anyway, if possible.

I have no clue at all sorry but I have an idea. you said maybe there is a glitch related to one of the men, if you didn't already tried that, try to edit the man in CAS and save him and just him no one else in the gallery and try him in a new save maybe that way you will know if he is the problem otherwise it might be related to the lot

Guest Redabyss

I have no clue at all sorry but I have an idea. you said maybe there is a glitch related to one of the men, if you didn't already tried that, try to edit the man in CAS and save him and just him no one else in the gallery and try him in a new save maybe that way you will know if he is the problem otherwise it might be related to the lot

I made a clone of him, in the past, and the household with the clone works just right. Still... I'd like to keep the original one :(

hmm so it is related to that one sim in just that specific file. I guess you already tried to repair your game? 

another solution you could try would be deleting the cache files:localthumbcache.package,cache,cachestr,cachewebkit,lotcachedData

Guest Redabyss

hmm so it is related to that one sim in just that specific file. I guess you already tried to repair your game? 

another solution you could try would be deleting the cache files:localthumbcache.package,cache,cachestr,cachewebkit,lotcachedData

No, I didn't try to repair! How do I do that?

And thank you so much for the help, I might be able to fix it :)

to repair the game you open origin go to my game library and click on the sims 4 icon there you have the play button and under that button there are 2 other buttons the left one is for setting, you click that button and there should be an option to repair your game

Hey Redabyss!

Okay, so you say that the household doesn't ever end loading. If you don't get any exception files while that happens, it either has so much to load, that it takes far too long for anyone's patience or it's stuck in a loop. The stuck in a loop possibility is unlikely and would be caused by mods rather than the game itself. And if it's not creating exception files then it's not stuck in loading either. It seems like the only possibility is that it's loading really really long.

You're saying that one of the sims is just not loading in any possible situation or only if you put the family together in one place?

If that's the case then you might just need to take a ride to the forest with him.

Saving a sim to the gallery and loading that sim from there should not save that sim relationship data, so you might try that too.

Guest Redabyss

Hey Redabyss!

Okay, so you say that the household doesn't ever end loading. If you don't get any exception files while that happens, it either has so much to load, that it takes far too long for anyone's patience or it's stuck in a loop. The stuck in a loop possibility is unlikely and would be caused by mods rather than the game itself. And if it's not creating exception files then it's not stuck in loading either. It seems like the only possibility is that it's loading really really long.

You're saying that one of the sims is just not loading in any possible situation or only if you put the family together in one place?

If that's the case then you might just need to take a ride to the forest with him.

Saving a sim to the gallery and loading that sim from there should not save that sim relationship data, so you might try that too.

Thanks! The weird thing is that, if I close the pc's screen, then I re-open it and re-open the game's icon, the loading un-freezes and the household loads. I mean wtf.

This is my Last Exception: http://pastebin.com/exy4wxsj

Last UI Exception: http://pastebin.com/8GwgG2eF

That Sim in question... well he loads if I, for example, travel with a family and I invite him, or I just summon him and add him to another household. He just won't load if I try to load him in his household.

I would like to keep his relationship intact, since he has many of them (wife, childrens, friends, etc.) :(

Maybe, I dunno, I can try deleting more of his relationships, object he's carrying, etc.?

Guest Redabyss

Well, you would need to provide fresh exception files.

Maybe his household has something, some interaction, he tries to do, but can't so the loading gets stuck because it can't be resolved.

That's possible! I might try to reset him, then save and re-load the household... might work. These Exception files are the last way, though :(

Maybe his household has something, some interaction, he tries to do, but can't so the loading gets stuck because it can't be resolved.

That's possible! I might try to reset him, then save and re-load the household... might work. These Exception files are the last way, though :(

The exception files are from February 17th, you would need to create new ones.

Guest Redabyss

How do I do that? Thanks again for the help :)

How do I do that? Thanks again for the help :)

If loading the household with that sim doesn't create them, then you can't, there are no errors.

Guest Redabyss

I FIXED IT! :D

All I had to do was cleaning a bit their inventory, as well as erasing some other relationships, and now the household loads!!

Guest Redabyss

That's great!

I was suspecting the inventory, I've heard that sims with a lot of stuff in their inventory cause the game to lag, but I can't be sure.

I'm glad too! Actually the inventory didn't had much stuff... but, much to my ignorance, actually I used the "know everybody" on THREE Sims of that household. Of course it didn't load.

Archived