How can i change follower mod skin tone?

SoloveyIS

Hello everyone!

Im french, bad engrish alert.

I am wondering if it was possible to change a follower mod skin tone via TESEdit or something like that? I should try with CK maybe (Im not sur if it is adviced tho, this might add dirty edits and make the mod unstable, idk how it exaclty works regarding dirty edits).

I am wondering about it this late because i recently found a way to change hairs with wigs mods, last thing i needed was the tone of the skin as it is the main thing that stops me from downloading more followers (about 20 more, using 3 atm). And that option like this doesnt exist in customable follower mods.

Here is the link for the wigs for thoses who wishes them:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73137/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D73137%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Make yours, easy:

Make them craftable:

Wigs work because the game is designed to hide the normal hair when a helmet is worn, and a "wig" is basically a helmet.  But major changes like skin color/warpaints/hair color/etc are what can cause the "grey-face" bug with NPCs (if you are unfamiliar with the "grey-face" issue, google it).  The best idea is to modify them in the CK, then make sure to export the heads:  ctrl-f4 - if I remember correctly.  Someone with a little more knowledge can confirm this.

Wigs work because the game is designed to hide the normal hair when a helmet is worn, and a "wig" is basically a helmet.  But major changes like skin color/warpaints/hair color/etc are what can cause the "grey-face" bug with NPCs (if you are unfamiliar with the "grey-face" issue, google it).  The best idea is to modify them in the CK, then make sure to export the heads:  ctrl-f4 - if I remember correctly.  Someone with a little more knowledge can confirm this.

Thanks srayesmanll, i will check about the exporting the head part first and mess around with the creation kit.

Do you know how to de facto change the hair of a follower? Say I want to change Serana's hair (she is already modded) to another hair of the KS Hairdos pack.

Do you know how to de facto change the hair of a follower? Say I want to change Serana's hair (she is already modded) to another hair of the KS Hairdos pack.

Specifically how to do that?  No.  There are plenty of CK tutorials out there on how to change things like that.  All I know is that it has to be done in the CK, and you need to export the changed NPC using the ctrl-f4 method.

Yes, with the 2 tutorial vids i linked, you can make a small personal wig mod and make her wear any KS hairdos hair, as a wig. I doesnt take very long once you understand the videos and played with the CK.

As for the skin tone, i tried on moniko but somehow, while trying to change skin tone, all the presets like, her face resetted.

Archived