Tail Troubles

MsMia

Ok, so I like making my characters using custom races, and I have a few that I'd like to add tails to... but they're not actually showing up. I select the meshes and textures under the tail option. I'm using this skeleton replacer too. 

Is there something I need to do to get my races have tails? Am I doing something wrong? I'd appreciate any help. 

First use http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/37596/?%C2%A0

The controlable version ( not the total controlable)

Coronerra's skeleton is old.

----------------------------

Add tail :

In the CS you choose the race and add nif and textures path.

Nif path starts with "Characters"  ( not with Oblivion\data\meshes\characters\  ) Or the folder with your Tail nif.

Kajiit tail path "Characters\Khajiit\KhajiitTail.NIF"

If you have the tail nif in data\meshes\MyRace\female\Tail.nif

Your path is MyRace\female\Tail.nif

The same with the textures path, it starts with "characters" or the folder with your tail texture.

The nif must have

post-3205-0-10710700-1486017153_thumb.jpg

-----------------

And make sure you don't wear clothes-armor that use the tail slot.

Have you add the tail after you started the game? Used a old save without tail? Then try to start a new game and see if the tail shows up.

Hmm, those suggestions still didn't work. The tail didn't show up on both a new game and an old save.

But I have managed to work around it by using a race that already had the tail I want and replacing the textures and meshes were I need to. Still don't know how to get the tail to show up by myself, but at least I've found a work around.

Don't know if your "work around" esp has all eyes and hairs that are in the "not working" esp.

If you want your "not working" esp you can send me a PM with the "not working" esp and I take a look.

If your work around works you know how to create the right folders , so the error must be in your esp.

Archived