DOA5LR 60FPS Lock! Introducing my first Cheat Engine table!

SagoSFM

The creator of DOA5′s Beach Paradise mod had a problem, so I helped solve it! Introducing: the DOA5LR 60FPS Lock! All you gotta do is be using DOA5 1.09, download Cheat Engine, and use my cheat table, and everything in the game except for video files will be 60FPS! This includes win animations, loss animations, anything custom including DOAHDM’s astonishing collection of Beach Paradise motions, and menu backgrounds!

Unfortunately I can't upload a .CT file here, but I linked it on my Tumblr post about this.

Usage: Press = to lock things to 60FPS at 1x speed. Press - to lower speed, if you want to take in these animations a little bit slower. And press backspace to reset back to normal 30FPS and 1x speed. (Note: this will make gameplay run at half speed and 30FPS, I don’t recommend resetting for anything but movie viewing.)

Let me know if you guys like this, maybe there’ll be more from me in the future!

Get the cheat file. (right click, save the link target)

Then launch DOA5 (you need 1.09H for the cheat to work).

Alt+Tab out of it, double click your CT file, that will get you into Cheat Engine.

Select the game.exe process of the game there (top-left icon).

Alt+Tab back into the game, press = to activate.

Thank you for explaining i was at a loss but now i understand you need to save as that page of code to get a CT File to execute during gameplay. I was all like what the heck do i do with the webpage full of code.

Such a nice difference to see those movies at 60 fps!

But it's not helping for that boob motion problem.

I will have a solution for that soon. 

Awesome.

To the above who're having issues--keep in mind this is kind of like using a VN text grabber (ITH, etc.)--you need to have Cheat engine both load up the new table, and also scan and attach to the game. In retrospect, that's not a great explanation either.

As I understand it, the fighting game itself runs at 60 FPS (kind of a given, seeing how this is DOA), it's just these otherwise superflous animation sets that don't. It worked immediately for me (the difference is perceptible), though it didn't fix jiggle physics, etc. 

Also to anyone using this, make sure you've actually got a monitor capable of outputting 60 FPS at the resolution you're using. 

Very impressive.

One of my biggest questions with this new version is why Team Ninja didn't make the movies run at 60fps. If they truly wanted to take advantage of next gen hardware, there really should be no excuse. 

This just shows what a missed opportunity that was, and it looks great. Makes me eager to one day see a mod where we have 60fps movies as well as keeping the fighting fast and fluid. :D

Very impressive.

One of my biggest questions with this new version is why Team Ninja didn't make the movies run at 60fps. If they truly wanted to take advantage of next gen hardware, there really should be no excuse. 

I actually wondered the same thing and SagoSFM had a good answer. It's most likely because the game was originally designed for X360/PS3, and they probably lowered the framerate to increase the antialiasing, SMAP resolution, lighting quality etc., and lowering the framerate offset the performance cost. 

Very impressive.

I actually wondered the same thing and SagoSFM had a good answer. It's most likely because the game was originally designed for X360/PS3, and they probably lowered the framerate to increase the antialiasing, SMAP resolution, lighting quality etc., and lowering the framerate offset the performance cost. 

I can understand doing so on PS3/360, but they have that extra power with the PS4 and XB1. Considering there are many other remasters (some of which are way more demanding than DOA5) that have managed to bump their framerates up to 60, it's not unreasonable to assume that this could manage the same, even with the Soft Engine.

We Hope there's more update for this solution...

Because we still have bug for Slowed down on Fighting Gameplay...

You know you can just toggle it back for gameplay right. 

Yes it's "backspace" right ??

It is toggle back the movie to 30fps, but the game play is stuck at half speed...

Archived