Getting ctd in sanctuary out of nowhere.

Nalessa

It's not the approach sanctuary bug, but I can't fast travel to sanctuary, but I can fast travel to RR then run to sanctuary and then it's a flip of the coin if it either stays stable or it just randomly crashes when just running around.

I can save in sanctuary, exit the game, then load that save and it loads just fine, but again either I have no problem, or random crash for no reason it seems.

It's not even built up that big, had no problems untill 2 days ago, tried a bunch of things from scrapping stuff, send settlers away, etc etc ... no idea what's causing it.

And I have no mods that alter sanctuary in any way.

I enabled log now, last lines seem to mention Deacon of all things, but he isn't even anywhere near sanctuary, he's at railroad HQ.

Added load order (which I'm 99% sure of can't be the problem, as this load order has been the same for couple weeks now and never any problem) and last 2 logs.

Anyone have any clue as to what the logs say about the crashing?

LoadOrder_Fallout4_2016-11-19T21-38-37.txt

Papyrus.1.log

Papyrus.0.log

It's not the approach sanctuary bug, but I can't fast travel to sanctuary, but I can fast travel to RR then run to sanctuary and then it's a flip of the coin if it either stays stable or it just randomly crashes when just running around.

I can save in sanctuary, exit the game, then load that save and it loads just fine, but again either I have no problem, or random crash for no reason it seems.

It's not even built up that big, had no problems untill 2 days ago, tried a bunch of things from scrapping stuff, send settlers away, etc etc ... no idea what's causing it.

And I have no mods that alter sanctuary in any way.

I enabled log now, last lines seem to mention Deacon of all things, but he isn't even anywhere near sanctuary, he's at railroad HQ.

Added load order (which I'm 99% sure of can't be the problem, as this load order has been the same for couple weeks now and never any problem) and last 2 logs.

Anyone have any clue as to what the logs say about the crashing?

The first priority is to test the game without any mods enable, even if it's something as simple as "new icon mod"

Execute problems one at a time.

You could had even broken the game by scrapping an important prop using mods that kept that specific area to render correctly.

I'll stick around to help though.

The only mod I can think of was gauss rifle remastered, and all it did was change the sound of the gauss rifle, which none of my settlers have at all.

Even going back to a save before I installed and uninstalled it somehow now causes ctd in sanctuary.

But I already was getting these ctd's while I had it installed, I uninstalled it because I thought that was the prob, but nope.

The only other custom things I have in sanctuary is the turret mod, and the custom workbench, which I never uninstalled.

Everything should be up to date, updated it all including f4se when last fallout 4 patch was dropped ... a week ago I think?

The only mod I can think of was gauss rifle remastered, and all it did was change the sound of the gauss rifle, which none of my settlers have at all.

Even going back to a save before I installed and uninstalled it somehow now causes ctd in sanctuary.

But I already was getting these ctd's while I had it installed, I uninstalled it because I thought that was the prob, but nope.

The only other custom things I have in sanctuary is the turret mod, and the custom workbench, which I never uninstalled.

Everything should be up to date, updated it all including f4se when last fallout 4 patch was dropped ... a week ago I think?

Well I can enter sanctuary by teleporting and I have a lot of mods installed with the current patch added.

However if the bug is a big problem, I'd suggest trying to reinstall the game incase any files you added corrupted a file maybe.

Or start a new game and test it from there to see if it continues to happen.

I'll try to look around to see if this bug is common or not.

And I had a mod to change raiders faces and it would crash my game before it could load, so it's why I'd suggest disabling every mod first.

I suspect it's some sort of replacer type mod. A texture or a mesh. The only "easy" way to troubleshoot that would be to remove all your mods. If you're using NMM you must completely disable the mod so it removes the files from the game folder. Not just unchecking esp's. Then add them back one (or a few) at a time testing stability.

I had something like this happening on Skyrim, but it turned out to be a corrupted save. I'm not sure how far back your saves go but you might try going further back if you have some also.

• 1 month later...

Scraping mods would cause this, are you on the latest version of mods/fallout?

I just installed the new version of Scrap Everything mod and I just started getting random crashes in sanctuary as well. Any idea what is getting scrapped that would cause random crashes (wish there was an way to clean saves or to tell/read what causes the game to crash sometimes)? 

Scraping mods would cause this, are you on the latest version of mods/fallout?

I just installed the new version of Scrap Everything mod and I just started getting random crashes in sanctuary as well. Any idea what is getting scrapped that would cause random crashes (wish there was an way to clean saves or to tell/read what causes the game to crash sometimes)? 

Basically, due to the large amount of missions, actors and scripts that rely on many items in sanctuary, scrapped or not it often creates many crashes. I personally couldn't fix it and ended up just using red rocket.

Archived