Certain Armor mods invisible?

Try and check out this page:

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4633-skyrim-se-things-to-know-when-converting-standard-mods-to-sse/

especially on stuffs about the meshes... (using the latest Nifscope or using the Bodyslide...)

Thanks, I'll see if I can fix it through that.

Sometimes its not the mesh not showing up, but the textures not loading.  If the textures aren't available I've had meshes not show up entirely due to that.  So make sure to check you got all the required textures installed.

Well, the textures are installed, even went into .nifskope to see if the texture paths were right, and they are.

But sometimes when I put on the invisible armor it will be pinkish purple as if the texture isn't there.

Yes, that's an issue I'm experiencing myself.  Are these armors BBP or HDT by chance?  Also, do you have the non SSE skyrim still installed?

No, I noticed it with some of the armors in the mod I put in the OP, and Bandoliers Bags and Pouches, which if you look at the comments, apparently people have been experiencing this phenomena with many of the old armor mods. The bug makes the armor seem like it's missing textures when it's not.

I tried methods listed by arthmoor in the thread posted by skyvalken, but they didn't work.

And yes, I do have the old Skyrim installed.

Get the very latest NifSkope from https://github.com/jonwd7/nifskope/releases and run "Spells -> Batch -> Add Tangent Spaces and Update" on the NIFs that appear black or with rainbow colors in-game.

Follow Arthmoor's step with the partitions and strips if they crash or don't appear at all.

Thanks for the info ousnius! I just started doing some research into how to convert armors to Skyrim SE...this info just saved me oodles of time on Google :) Updated an armor mod that was "invisible" before and now it works fine. Thanks also to hugepervert for asking the question in the first place.

N~dles

Archived