Modding weapons into Fallout 4

feral

*rubs temples*

The new creation kit is a headache, and how the game handles models is a headache...

Uggghhhhhffffff................

So, I'm working on a personal mod, trying to familiarize myself with the GECK, and... For christ's sake! It's complicated.

I downloaded ToastyFresh's Desert Eagle mod... I spent all day yesterday figuring out how the texturing works, more specifically how to get some of my cube maps to work (got a few to work, but not all). Been figuring out how to implement the model and mods into the game, and I have most of the basics figured out. I have it so that the weapons appears in game, in various model combinations... But now I have an animation problem. I'm wanting to use the 10MM Pistol animations, just for simplicity as I try to figure out how things work. And the gun appears and functions properly, except for the slide being out of place; way out of place.

Also, it appears that the animations are selected via keywords...

Does anyone have a link to a comprehensive weapon modding tutorial? All I've found were just people copy-pasting vanilla weapons and changing a few values.

Okay, now I'm fucking pissed. I have been working on this mod for over a week and was mostly done with it... Then the Creation Kit decides to mother fucking crash while I'm saving the plugin, killing all my fucking progress. It didn't just revert me to the last time I saved, which wasn't all that long ago; no, it corrupted my god damn plugin!!!

I'm just building on a previously converted Desert Eagle mod released by Toasty Fresh, I had plans to release it publicly cos it was looking real good, even got permission to do so. But then it crashed as I was saving progress and now I've gotta start from scratch in the creation kit, luckily I don't have to worry about figuring this all out again, should take far less time to make the same progress cos it's not so much on a learning curve now.

Other than the creation kit I'm using GIMP for texture work and of course nifskope, and some modder's material editor for creating materials. Well, at least this time around it'll give me a chance to arrange my files beforehand.

Alright, I'm in the final stage of the mod and I need help with scripting. I need to figure out how to add leveled lists to other leveled lists, and to containers. Can someone help me?

Have a look at this, it may help if you are not already aware of it http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17782/?

I did, I thought I was having problems with that mod but I just misunderstood how it worked.

Archived