Companions & XP question...

I'm looking for two mods:

First, one that allows you to make companions/followers weaker. SkyTweak allows you to make ALL NPCs weaker, including enemies. I don't want that. I enjoy the feeling of traveling with a party, but followers only make the game easier.

Secondly, a way to (drastically) reduce the XP you get from leveling your crafting skills. I don't want the crafting skills themselves to level slowly, I just want to avoid that they contribute too heavily towards leveling.

I've tried the Uncapper, but that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks in advance!

I've found that deadly combat has made me a lot more conscious about my follower's fate in battle, especially with all essential tags disabled. If you dial up the damage everyone takes enough, it helps encourage you to consider whether you jump into a fight right away and whether you want to gather some troops for a proper skirmish. Of course this can all depend on the followers too, like if they're made of paper vs tough as nails with shouts and such. The only other thing I'd suggest with that is maybe getting a mod to compensate with a mod that handles increased enemy spawns like genesis or OBIS, or SkyrimMoreSpawns. 

As for XP, you could always use a mod like Clean Start that starts all of your skills out at lvl 1. You'll level super fast at first by comparison and some things will be impossibley hard (like lockpicking and probably pickpocketting). There's other stuff like Complete Crafting Overhaul that lets encourages you to craft new things and caps your exp gain if you just spam dagger making for example. I've seen some other mods I can't recall of the top of my head that give you skill points every few levels instead of every single level.

Hope this help sheds some amount of light.