JRDance | OSA module

I love you op,you are doing an amazing work !

You still have my support <3

Cant wait till the final version is up

Thank you! o/

CEO mentioned that audio would likely be possible to add in the next OSA release so that's probably not far off. Then I'll get the original audio and alternate audio worked out as well as some small features and fixes and we can call that the first full release. Almost all the alternate audio has been selected, though some will need editing.

These small features and fixes include things such as auto unequip during two dances (strip pole and bedside) and current alignment issues with multiple actor dances.

Until then I'll keep myself warm with building followers and making armor/clothing conversions.

Does the lipsync and scripted choreography camera functions need the next OSA update so to be intoduced?

Can't wait for those....

Lipsync groundwork is there within OSA but as CEO once said it might need a bit more work, some of his features are a WIP and he's probably not too comfortable with people using those for development as he might suddenly change their structure entirely. This was also the case for audio implementation which is soon going to be fully suported.

Camera functions are less likely to be tied or dependent on a specific OSA feature as I don't think CEO currently has any plans in that area. From what I myself have been digging up however, I would need OSA scenes to allow function hooks at the start and end of the scenes to implement any of my ideas towards achieving something that can emulate/enable an animated camera POV. As things currently stand I could probably enable something similar to what the Fengwu mod allowed (which was basically running a first person animation in the player character which would let you work as a camera in FPV to observe other NPCs dancing), but it'd be too clunky to implement and I'd rather have something that hopefully works when you have your own character dance and doesn't involve overwriting camera files.

So for now this'll have to wait until OSA allows custom papyrus communitation at scene start and end, which might take a while to get implemented, but it will likely be included, as too many people interested in developing for OSA need this feature.

Does the lipsync and scripted choreography camera functions need the next OSA update so to be intoduced?

Can't wait for those....

Lipsync groundwork is there within OSA but as CEO once said it might need a bit more work, some of his features are a WIP and he's probably not too comfortable with people using those for development as he might suddenly change their structure entirely. This was also the case for audio implementation which is soon going to be fully suported.

Camera functions are less likely to be tied or dependent on a specific OSA feature as I don't think CEO currently has any plans in that area. From what I myself have been digging up however, I would need OSA scenes to allow function hooks at the start and end of the scenes to implement any of my ideas towards achieving something that can emulate/enable an animated camera POV. As things currently stand I could probably enable something similar to what the Fengwu mod allowed (which was basically running a first person animation in the player character which would let you work as a camera in FPV to observe other NPCs dancing), but it'd be too clunky to implement and I'd rather have something that hopefully works when you have your own character dance and doesn't involve overwriting camera files.

So for now this'll have to wait until OSA allows custom papyrus communitation at scene start and end, which might take a while to get implemented, but it will likely be included, as too many people interested in developing for OSA need this feature.

Im hoping that this mod will get connected to OSA somehow.

Can't wait for those....

Im hoping that this mod will get connected to OSA somehow.

I... kinda really want this too. >_<

>_>'

It's one of the possible leads I wrote down. But even without looking into it I reckon if CEO doesn't hardcode it in himself adding this mod would need those papyrus hooks for scene start and end.

• 2 weeks later...

is this dance included as well? if so what's it under? i think it's from fnis idles or something/

Try the dances around twerk, disco, etc under ShameItSomeMore. That's where most generic type dances and loops are.

• 2 weeks later...

Great work on the mod! Hopefully CEO will come back soon with the necessary features for this too.

I've been using Dance Together mostly, but it just doesn't hold together most of the time so it's pretty infuriating mod to work with. One thing that I found about it was that while most of the time it'll disable the NPC headtracking, it would actually be a nice feature for this mod to have a toggle for the headtracking so you can enable/disable it at will. I'm not sure what's triggering it in Dance Together though, I've tried and it seems completely random.

Here's an example of the head tracking enabled:

Of course that would probably require a similar camera system to what's used in Dance Together, unless it's possible to make the characters headtrack the camera instead of the player character. It would be really nice to have better camera controls with elevation control and tilt. Screenshot Assist has the elevation control, but that doesn't work with head tracking, and I haven't found a single mod to do camera tilting outside the Dance Together automated camera.

Great work on the mod! Hopefully CEO will come back soon with the necessary features for this too.

I've been using Dance Together mostly, but it just doesn't hold together most of the time so it's pretty infuriating mod to work with. One thing that I found about it was that while most of the time it'll disable the NPC headtracking, it would actually be a nice feature for this mod to have a toggle for the headtracking so you can enable/disable it at will. I'm not sure what's triggering it in Dance Together though, I've tried and it seems completely random.

Here's an example of the head tracking enabled:

Of course that would probably require a similar camera system to what's used in Dance Together, unless it's possible to make the characters headtrack the camera instead of the player character. It would be really nice to have better camera controls with elevation control and tilt. Screenshot Assist has the elevation control, but that doesn't work with head tracking, and I haven't found a single mod to do camera tilting outside the Dance Together automated camera.

Thanks. To be honest my memory on this is a bit muddled, since I played out so many tests with different mods. I remember having situations with multiple dancers where head tracking was randomly on, with all of them looking at the PC character, that might have been with Dance Together. I can't remember if OSA turned off head tracking by default or not though I assume it does, when running tests I used my PC character 95% of the time so it would have had nothing to track thus I can't recall.

From experimenting with making a spotlight always face the player I assume the same concept could be used to make characters heads track whatever object one would want, so I'm not particularly concerned with it. I'll keep that in mind if I don't find anything already implemented for tracking within OSA.

I've already discussed camera issues a few times though, and it remains something I'll be more invested in exploring once I'm able to do the first release, aka with sound. And for me to implement, it'll always be something that'll need a way for me to communicate with OSA via script.

The better news in terms in scheduling though. Is that as soon as the SSE script extender and papyrus utils are out, if OSA shows up there it'll take all it's limbs up there with it, including this module.

Dropping another new audio + dance sample, I wanted to do a quick test of the new AMD ReLive recording and the performance is a-m-a-z-i-n-g! Can't say the same for Youtube video editor compression thou, it killed the quality. If you own AMD, check it out.

A previous video I had used this soundtrack on was actually a mistake, it should have player Kellee Maize's "Anyway".

Cheers! o/

It was really satisfying seeing the character I created dancing to music, it feels like I've finally reached the best mod list I can. Can't wait for the full release to fix some of the alignment issues, I really want Breeze to work with all three people. Thanks for all the work you've put into this!

Hi Jerok, absolutely great dance mod addition to OSA. Best I used till now. I love the new navigation of V 0.6. Thanks for the hard work!

Had to record some of the dances:

Taylor Swift - Shake it

All of them here for download:

https://mega.nz/#!rVNhSBTB!9wAhDyD_xgyvZLeSBthux4QbcztkN-igtcfbplQ8BgU

Thanks.

That Aela rudely getting in the way thou. And then Vilkas was like "Oh snap, I'm go watch from the front".

Love the idea that the mod combines all the popular dance mods into one, but is it not possible to add music with the current version and OSA? It would be a crime that a mod like this isn't accompanied with music. Nonetheless I will be keeping on eye on this and thanks for your hard work!! 

Love the idea that the mod combines all the popular dance mods into one, but is it not possible to add music with the current version and OSA? It would be a crime that a mod like this isn't accompanied with music. Nonetheless I will be keeping on eye on this and thanks for your hard work!! 

So how is the full version coming along? If it takes too long might as well make it for SSE then. :P

It isn't possible with the current version of OSA, any way I look at it it'd take editing it's core files, the way OSA fetches sounds at the moment is hardcoded. So development on this is frozen until the next updates that allow custom sounds in OSA. CEO mentioned it'd be part of the next big update.

Once OSA works for SSE this will hardly take any work to port over, sadly the brunt of the work remains in CEO's shoulders.

Before anyone asks: OSA needs the new script extender as well as some papyrus tools to work in SSE before it can be ported.

hola, donde lo instalo o como un mod normal de animacion para el osa . muchas gracias se ve bueno 

Como cualquier modulo para OSA, una vez que copies los ficheros, corres FNIS y en el juego usas el menu de OSA para acederlo.

Any news from CEO?Or should we be worried? :-/

I don't know, two months is indeed a pretty long hiatus. But considering he's been MIA before he will probably be back eventually.

Other than giving him a big welcome when he shows up to hopefully energize him to stick around longer, I dunno what to say or suggest.

I really hope he is well and just got bored to be honest!!Having said that, i am worried about the continuation of OSA as far as your plugins are concearned.I am aware that the posing module is a complete product but i really look forward to seeing a complete product of the JRDance plugin (you know, the original J&K pop songs, custom camera and lip syncing features that is)

I really hope he is well and just got bored to be honest!!Having said that, i am worried about the continuation of OSA as far as your plugins are concearned.I am aware that the posing module is a complete product but i really look forward to seeing a complete product of the JRDance plugin (you know, the original J&K pop songs, custom camera and lip syncing features that is)

In the eventuality that it'd come to a complete halt, as long as someone has the source files I might be able to get something going as far as what I need. Other's have said they wouldn't let the project die either.

But since right now the status of the project is a big question mark we are just waiting.

• 2 weeks later...

how can i set multiple npc's to play endlessly one animation, until i set them to stop manually?

It can "easily" be done but there is no ingame option atm. There might be an easy way to add an ingame option for it with the new navigation, but I'm becoming a bit forgetful about the code. Otherwise with the old menu type I know I could also add it but it would involve adding a new file for each dance and each dance alternative I'd want to add in the future (different music, lip sync, etc), so I'm not too sure about that.

I'll take a look at it sometime soon, but I doubt I'll make a new upload to only include that, if you'd like to know how to easily switch a specific dance animation from playing once to looping and you're ok with finding the file and editing it to change a single line of code I'll write the instructions here.

yes sure, but though what is the long term usage of JRDance.  like we install it,  loop and see all dances. thats it.   and what i was thinking when i saw this mod was "heey i can actualy position dancers in my house "regardless of load and save each day continuation"" but noo, u had to put trailerish way :(