More NPC skin/texture questions.

netruss1964

I need to be pointed at some learning materials please. I want to be able to change NPC's in Skyrim to Teen NPC's, Young adults... not flat chested 10 year olds. I have tried Teen Monli , every NPC changed turns glowing blue (except the head) when naked. I have tried The Ashen Race, the textures show up but they have the appearence of 9 to 11 year old children, might as well be skinny boys. I have tried to copy and paste skeletons, meshes and textures back and forth and all I am doing is breaking my game. Floating heads and hands. Some one please have pity on a beginner and throw me some links to "Everything you need to know about modding NPC appearance in Skyrim." (sounds like a great site right!). Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

I need to be pointed at some learning materials please. I want to be able to change NPC's in Skyrim to Teen NPC's, Young adults... not flat chested 10 year olds. I have tried Teen Monli , every NPC changed turns glowing blue (except the head) when naked. I have tried The Ashen Race, the textures show up but they have the appearence of 9 to 11 year old children, might as well be skinny boys. I have tried to copy and paste skeletons, meshes and textures back and forth and all I am doing is breaking my game. Floating heads and hands. Some one please have pity on a beginner and throw me some links to "Everything you need to know about modding NPC appearance in Skyrim." (sounds like a great site right!). Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

I think what you seek is in this topic : http://www.loverslab.com/topic/42073-best-looking-npc-overhaul/

personnally, I use NPC85 et SOGS.

I think what you seek is in this topic : http://www.loverslab.com/topic/42073-best-looking-npc-overhaul/

personnally, I use NPC85 et SOGS.

Thank you for your response. I am interested in NPC 85 but am daunted by the Asian language page ( I see links but have no Idea what goes where being only educated enough to read English and some German ( I do speak some Korean but to read it...). I went for some other choices further down to test. This all started when I decided I wanted to convert Braith into a legal age teen and make her my bitch. My preferences do not include boys or under age anything. I do not prefer Huge Like Planet breasts either so trying to have a nude past puberty but still Braith grown up is giving me headaches. body and hands disappear or body becomes that blue or purple of broken textures. Again thank you for your response.

Thank you for your response. I am interested in NPC 85 but am daunted by the Asian language page ( I see links but have no Idea what goes where being only educated enough to read English and some German ( I do speak some Korean but to read it...). I went for some other choices further down to test. This all started when I decided I wanted to convert Braith into a legal age teen and make her my bitch. My preferences do not include boys or under age anything. I do not prefer Huge Like Planet breasts either so trying to have a nude past puberty but still Braith grown up is giving me headaches. body and hands disappear or body becomes that blue or purple of broken textures. Again thank you for your response.

Body and hands disappear and become blue or purple ????

Can you post a screenshots ?

Body and hands disappear and become blue or purple ????

Can you post a screenshots ?

Yes, as I mentioned I have tried to chase down the source files that are being used but... I tried to accomplish the Braith conversion with mods making my Mod mass grow and grow. Next I began copy and paste proceedures on several vanilla NPC's and one custom follower (FAYE). At this point i was just trying to create a look I desired to later apply to Braith somehow. I believe I have reinstalled all affected Mod files and now I have downloaded 3 more mods...Sorry, I digress, I will attempt to return to the earlier save and take some screen shots, thank you. I begin to wonder if I really need to overcome this particular challenge or forget about it...(sigh).

Thank you for your help. I have been/am tweaking with TES5Edit a multitude of win/loss scenarios with the new mods. I will let you know how it turns out. Again, Thank You for your interest.

Edit: Things did not work well. Now I clean up a bit and attempt the files you graciously provided. I have downloaded all three. Do they merge together and "just install in order of appearance."?

• 2 weeks later...

So...if you can't download NPC 85 you can try to get SOGS, i think it's a cool npc overhaul (graphic, for better female).

Link :

https://mega.nz/#!cA...jf82CzrV5jVDN1Q

https://mega.nz/#!xF...cdjWrC-dv9TSidc

https://mega.nz/#!Jd...O-e8Yc8lIYDSxUk

If you really want NPC85 (and this friend, bandit, who change bandit and guard), I can make some screen.

I Have used and appreciate the files you so generously shared, very nice. Thank you. Unfortunately This did not change my problem. Currently in my venue I Have Skykids, Skykids nude patch, Monli Teen , Ashen teens. I can turn Adult NPC's into Teens and have discovered "setnpcweight" in console alters the appearance effectively so I no longer feel the affected NPC is prepubescent or undeveloped and disturbing to me personally. Braith though is a child. Changing her to Monli, (insert race here)raceteen or Ashenteen causes the skin to vanish or turn that blue/violet color of texture trouble. I do not know the process to post screen shots to this site ( I have taken several using "F12" but have not uploaded to Steam, they are saved to disk.).  I will google this subject while waiting for a response, hopefully I will have some screen shots for you to view shortly. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they have a violet color because they are in conflict with a other mod for texture (or a missing texture). Try to check the description of you mod.

I agree. I believe it is a mod order or mod conflict. I have re-downloaded and re-installed all armor mods and I believe all skin and textures trying to resolve missing texture issues. I ran only 5 or 6 skyrim workshop mods for a long time. ( I had downloaded NMM and broke Skyrim several times in the early days so I stopped trying to mod heavy.). With the arrival of Mod Organizer I got brave and now run a lot of mods (200+) and I do not have a complete understanding of how the mods interact and exactly which mod does what. My attempts at tweaking my load order with my current knowledge level has been interesting. Right now my saves sometimes take two or three tries to load into the game, I sometimes CTD when in crafting, looking at inventory and when looting (not every time but sometimes...). I have tweaked the preferences in multiple ini and pref. files as instructed by several different sources on the internet. I have become able to use Loot, TES5Edit, FNIS and save tool. I still cant seem to resolve the reoccurring texture/skin problems with NPC's and overall game stability. I have Dragonborn Crafting Hall which has an NPC vendor in residence. Recently even she turns the blue purple. I am almost positive at this point I am using a mod I should not be using, I have an incomplete mod or the load order needs fixed. I have reached the limit of my knowledge. Thank you again. Unless you want to look at my load order for me I think you have already been a great help. Thank you. I am using SOGs. nice stuff.

Archived