Changing a custom follower requirements

Well, I would like to ask if it's possible to make a follower indipendent by the dlc which is required to work with it.

For example, in my situation:

I would like to have this follower:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72076

but it requires Dawnguard to work. My pc is very old, and I hardly had the chanche to play this game, lowering my textures with mods and the usage of vram so I can make it work. I have a bunch of mods which work good, and the game is fine, trying a dlc would be pretty risky on my pc, so I will not install them.

Can someone please edit a copy of this mod (I don't know if this could be a problem the mod author, and I've asked him the same thing, but didn't received any answer yet), so I and maybe other people in my same situation can use this follower just having the basic skyrim?

Thanks in advance smile.gif

All depends on the answer of the original author.

And the some good soul that will duplicate the Dawnguard's assets to make the mod without dependencies.

The reason it relies on DG is that she is provided weapons and armour from it. You can change this easily in TES5Edit, swap all her Dawnguard weapons to vanilla weapons, change her default outfit to vanilla, then remove the dawnguard.esm from the dependency list in the header.

post-22313-0-46988100-1464674980_thumb.png

post-22313-0-82144600-1464674981_thumb.png

post-22313-0-65781400-1464674983_thumb.png

The reason it relies on DG is that she is provided weapons and armour from it. You can change this easily in TES5Edit, swap all her Dawnguard weapons to vanilla weapons, change her default outfit to vanilla, then remove the dawnguard.esm from the dependency list in the header.

Thank you so much man!  :lol: I'll try to do it by myself right now! It looks quite simple after this explanation

I'll share the result here, or in the original thrad if the mod author will be ok with that  ;)

EDIT: I just got this problem, what should I do? :/

screen_zpspbmcfynw.jpg

your edited plugin is still looking for Dawnguard DLC

so since I don't have the dlc I cannot do that by myself?  :(

You can.

Load the mod with TES5Edit, remove the master, and you should be all set (of course you need to remove all armors, outfit, whatever is provided by the DLC before doing that.)

Thank you so much man!  laugh.png I'll try to do it by myself right now! It looks quite simple after this explanation

I'll share the result here, or in the original thrad if the mod author will be ok with that  wink.png

EDIT: I just got this problem, what should I do? :/

screen_zpspbmcfynw.jpg

You can copy any esm to dawnguard.esm, use update.esm and copy it to dawnguard.esm, tes5edit will load the mod. It only needs an esm with the right name. Feel free to delete the copied esm when done. Instead of giving you the right names(item id data) for the weapons and armour, they will have errors but that doesn't matter as you are going to change them.

edit: This is what you will see with the faked esm. In fact I think tes5edit should come with an empty esm and a checkbox to use the null.esm for any missing dependency, would make this sort of thing easy.

post-22313-0-65583900-1464856831_thumb.png

Finally it worked! I copied "Update.esm" and named the copy "Dawnguard.esm", opened succesfully the follower esp with TES5EDIT, changed the dawnguard equipment with an Imperial One (also the default outfit). After this, I edited the dependency "Dawnguard.esm" and writed another "Update.esm".

In a first attempt I removed the Dawnguard dependency, but I got CTD when I tried to start Skyrim. Changing it to another Update.esm just made the whole thing work  :D Thanks to all of you for your precious help!

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

Now I'm a fisherman  ;)

Archived