Help! CBBE not fitting DD and others...

Initially, I had a UNP body, and when I installed Devious Devices,  it offered a UNP option, so I took that. None of the gear fit. So I swapped out my UNP for a CBBE, and reinstalled, selecting that option (recommended,) this time. Still, nothing fits, and now, even the few things that did fit, like gags, and so on, suddenly don't!  The animations are playing, but the gags are sitting way low, outside my gaping mouth. Binders clip badly, belts are too big... 

Can someone please tell me which body Devious actually uses, and/or why the gags are doing that weird thing? (jpg attached...)

(Updated: I reinstalled the various Devious base mods, and discovered there was a TBBP setting, which I checked, and that fixed the regular clipping issue- but the gags are still borked.  I tried adjusting my head and neck settings in Racemenu, but the gag only followed the changes, remaining entirely unaligned with my face. Any suggestions would be appreciated.)

b3f79b1778b870dd7945ac339177a92f.jpg

Depends what body you're using, you have the latest XMPSE skeleton installed? Also it could just be your race and/ or head shape. If that's the case you can always just go into the DD mesh folder and find the gag.nifs and adjust them to line up better with your head (if it is in fact a head/ custom race issue).

Otherwise I'd say it's a skeleton or body issue. FYI. DD supports (officially and unofficially) CBBE (BodySlide), UNP, UUNP so basically all CBBE and UNP bodies. What body are you using? And it is a bodyslide body?

Depends what body you're using, you have the latest XMPSE skeleton installed? Also it could just be your race and/ or head shape. If that's the case you can always just go into the DD mesh folder and find the gag.nifs and adjust them to line up better with your head (if it is in fact a head/ custom race issue).

Otherwise I'd say it's a skeleton or body issue. FYI. DD supports (officially and unofficially) CBBE (BodySlide), UNP, UUNP so basically all CBBE and UNP bodies. What body are you using? And it is a bodyslide body?

I reinstalled my skeleton (XP32), and that seemed to fix the issue. It seems like almost anything can screw up a skeleton install, so I've made a mental note to check there, along with FNIS, pretty much first thing anytime there's any kind of body or animation issue.  (My body's CBBE, and yes, bodyslide. I had major fitting issues with my UNP bodyslide, though.)

For the record though, I'm an "end-user". I don't mod.  Saying "you can always just..." was an overly generous assumption of my file-tinkering abilities. :D  You'd just as well have said, "You could always just design a whole new body, and custom set of DD-integratable gear, then import it to the mod using a laser cannon and a USB-converted epi-pen..."  ;)

I reinstalled my skeleton (XP32), and that seemed to fix the issue. It seems like almost anything can screw up a skeleton install, so I've made a mental note to check there, along with FNIS, pretty much first thing anytime there's any kind of body or animation issue.  (My body's CBBE, and yes, bodyslide. I had major fitting issues with my UNP bodyslide, though.)

For the record though, I'm an "end-user". I don't mod.  Saying "you can always just..." was an overly generous assumption of my file-tinkering abilities. :D  You'd just as well have said, "You could always just design a whole new body, and custom set of DD-integratable gear, then import it to the mod using a laser cannon and a USB-converted epi-pen..."  ;)

What I mentioned as 'you can always just..''s were little tweaks that if you can't already do, you'll figure out with a bit of tinkering as you continue to mod your skyrim and want more specific changes :P. Glad it's sorted though.

Archived