HughesNet Satellite Internet-Can't Download-SOLVED

proletarian

I have HughesNet Satellite for my internet provider and for the longest time, I couldn't download anything from this site (except very small files). Any time I'd try, I'd get an error message. 

Why is this happening? HughesNet has a built in "Web Accelerator" in their modem. Once you disable it, you'll be able to download from this site (and sites like Mediafire as well).

Here is what you have to do to fix this. 

1. Go to your browser and enter 192.168.0.1

2. Click on the greyed out exclamation point on the top-right. 

3. Choose "Web Acceleration", then "Control".

4. Make sure the box that says "Web Acceleration Enabled" is unchecked.

*Note: You may want to go back and re-enable this after you are finished downloading your files, otherwise you may use up your monthly data allowance more quickly.

post-72297-0-61242400-1456846479_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

So, I have HughesNet and was having some issues downloading.  I tried the process described above which works sometimes for me, but it's kind of hit and miss still.  Not really one to give up I have found another workaround just in case and it may even help with other download issues:

I downloaded a download manager (Xtreme, though i'm sure others would work as well).  I use Chrome so i set up the download manager to monitor Chrome for downloads.  Logged into LL and hit the download button and voila... 70mb download.

So yeah, just another option for those who may still be experiencing some issues.

Archived