[IDEA] Fallout R-rated Overhaul

brokezor

And then there's this...

Raiders are less aggressive according to the lore - they prefer to extort and negotiate with Settlers than killing them outright (though this is not shown in-game). Raiders earn protection money from Bunker Hill caravans and spends money in places like Combat Zone, a Raider-only bar, showhouse and wrestling ring. 

It's there in the lore, but not implemented in the game.

It's little things, y'know?

Exactly that. I was taken aback when I stepped into the Combat Zone and they all went apeshit crazy on my sight.

I mean... REALLY?

Look at Raiders in FNV.

Step into their largest base, strike a deal and walk away unscattered.

Hell, should things go bad, Raiders in the Vault will step aside once you kill their leader.

• 2 weeks later...

so adding here now because i got idea in mind.

what if the player who has cannibal perk could in melee/unarmed have finisher that has him/her push opponent to ground and chew their neck open?

As a matter of fact it'd be nice to bring back the functionality of the perk from FNV. With dismemberment and cooking recipes.

Damn, this game is so shallow.

The synths' bad end could be pretty in touch with the lore.  As i recall they construct the gen 3 synths from (actual?) bones and some kinda flesh soup.  That raw material has to come from somewhere right, why not defeated, read captured, commonwealth folk?  It'll end up needing some elaborate animations to rip the bones from the PC but i think it fits nicely into a synth bad end.

what if the player who has cannibal perk could in melee/unarmed have finisher that has him/her push opponent to ground and chew their neck open?

As a matter of fact it'd be nice to bring back the functionality of the perk from FNV. With dismemberment and cooking recipes.

+ after using cannibal perk your face could have dried up blood texture for while. Mainly around the mouth.

The way my pc eats doesnt seem like there would be no blood splattered around.

The synths' bad end could be pretty in touch with the lore.  As i recall they construct the gen 3 synths from (actual?) bones and some kinda flesh soup.  That raw material has to come from somewhere right, why not defeated, read captured, commonwealth folk?  It'll end up needing some elaborate animations to rip the bones from the PC but i think it fits nicely into a synth bad end.

It's Shaun's DNA mixed with FEV. All synths are pretty much genetically the PC's son / grandson. Incest. Incest everywhere.

According to the Wiki...

In the Commonwealth Raiders are more organized than before. Raiders are now more technologically advanced and can utilize machine gun turrets and automatic spotlights - some Raider leaders have even re-purposed Power Armor for themselves. However, Raiders in the Commonwealth do not have a centralized organization, and are split into several groups. According to terminals and dialogue, some of these groups antagonizes each other, while some stay out of each other's way. For example, Red Tourette's group have constant skirmishes against Tower Tom's crew.

These raiding groups rarely have set names and are mostly referred to by their leaders, with some exceptions like the Forged (the Forged themselves aren't originally from the Commonwealth, thus why they might be different). Raiders seem to follow an unspoken chain of command, though not as structured as the Gunners.

See, they rarely have set names. But why not? Why didn't Red Tourette's crew have their names swapped? Raider Psycho --> Red Psycho. Tower Tom's group? Raider Psycho - Tower Psycho, Raider Scum - Tower Scum.

And then there's this...

Raiders are less aggressive according to the lore - they prefer to extort and negotiate with Settlers than killing them outright (though this is not shown in-game). Raiders earn protection money from Bunker Hill caravans and spends money in places like Combat Zone, a Raider-only bar, showhouse and wrestling ring. 

It's there in the lore, but not implemented in the game.

It's little things, y'know?

Agreed, it's obnoxious as hell that all raiders are automatically hostile. Like, these guys aren't mindless. And you even see their interfaction warfare & interactions with the Commonwealth on terminals, just not in game. It makes zero sense for a place like the Combat Zone or Easy City Downs to be hostile on sight to you. Fallout 4 actually did a pretty good job of fleshing out the humanity of its raiders... it just put zero effort into translating that humanization effect into gameplay.

The one that really annoys me is the Gunners. They're supposedly a mercenary group. Mercenaries get hired. Mercenaries don't attack potential customers on sight. What a load of shit.

I would much prefer if most raiders were only hostile when you got close enough, or maybe even not until you've conversed with them & antagonized/failed a speech check. Gunners, gunners should only be hostile if you've pissed them off somehow - being a more centralized group, I could understand it if they were hostile forever after the first time you attack them, but not just right off the bat.

+ after using cannibal perk your face could have dried up blood texture for while. Mainly around the mouth.

The way my pc eats doesnt seem like there would be no blood splattered around.

Well, using the perk in FNV caused a limb to be dismembered. Makes more sense than whole body turning bloody without visible post-mortem injures. Later you could get a perk-achivement that allowed you to take-away a bite.

Agreed, it's obnoxious as hell that all raiders are automatically hostile. Like, these guys aren't mindless. And you even see their interfaction warfare & interactions with the Commonwealth on terminals, just not in game. It makes zero sense for a place like the Combat Zone or Easy City Downs to be hostile on sight to you. Fallout 4 actually did a pretty good job of fleshing out the humanity of its raiders... it just put zero effort into translating that humanization effect into gameplay.

The one that really annoys me is the Gunners. They're supposedly a mercenary group. Mercenaries get hired. Mercenaries don't attack potential customers on sight. What a load of shit.

I would much prefer if most raiders were only hostile when you got close enough, or maybe even not until you've conversed with them & antagonized/failed a speech check. Gunners, gunners should only be hostile if you've pissed them off somehow - being a more centralized group, I could understand it if they were hostile forever after the first time you attack them, but not just right off the bat.

its funny how in skyrim bandits werent always hostile. lots of the time they actually said "thats close enough" and walking away was option.

there should be some "intimidating level" that is based on variety of factors such as your level, how well known you are (they keep track of humans killed/murders etc and quest completed could be taken from there) if you are in power armor, what weapon you are carrying. the higher that level would be less likely it would be for raider to just attack on sight

if some scared looking person with pipe pistol were to walk around i can see why they think its easy target to rob right away but if im carrying fully upgraded gatling laser while in mark vi xo-1 power armor those raiders should be ones to run.

i dont think if its thing in this game but also if raiders start to drop really quick this should drop morale. higher level enemies have higher morale. if their morale drops to 0 they will flee from the fight. possibly saying something like "this aint worth it" etc

also im not sure why disguises arent a thing already. they were mod in skyrim. if i get haircut and dress from head to toe to stolen raider gear (possibly add some dirt to my face) how the heck could they think i wouldnt be part if i walk into combat zone? specially because it seems raiders there arent just one group that knows everyone but rather coming from all over the place. for gunners it could require charisma level because as said they are more organized so you cant just walk in wearing their gear and expect to fit in right away without questions. sort of similar like when you infiltrate brydwen in the railroad quest line how you can use speech checks to keep your cover.

It's Shaun's DNA mixed with FEV. All synths are pretty much genetically the PC's son / grandson. Incest. Incest everywhere.

Ah yea...that complicates the PC and Curie's relationship some.  I thought the breakthrough was like the breakthrough in Deus Ex, the DNA just made the whole process possible (not the foundation of the process).

Archived