Unable to Start Skyrim

Wiccan,

I'm not sure how to decrypt it. I enter the password and nothing happens...

When is your game crashing? During the load screen or when the game starts?

I'm assuming that if you're running TesEdit it's not giving an error.

I'm then assuming that your game is crashing when the game is starting - perhaps right before or after you see Bethesda. I've had this trouble before too and LOOT stopped working for me. I had to use BOSS  and then move a couple of mods around like my bash patch and skyproc patches.

That .esp list is bigger than my ass... That might be the problem. When you get around 250 .esp/.esm files the game starts becoming VERY unstable. 

Forget LOOT and BOSS for trying to figure out what your problems are. 

Get Wrye Bash first. Look at the Mod list. Do you have red or orange check boxes? If you do, you're missing masters. Check the mod author's page for those masters. 

With out a precise explanation of when your game is crashing, a full load list, papyrus logs, and .ini settings it's very hard for us to help you. 

TESVEdit output does help some, but these other things can help us even more. 

Please provide those, and we'll be happy to help even more in depth.

A note: As Huntress said, TESVEdit isn't showing any errors, so your mods are loading properly. My guess your problem is either in a bunch of heavily scripted mods, not enough VRAM, improperly setup .ini files, or the lack of a memory blocks manager, like skse.ini or SSME. 

I have a guide posted here on the forums. Go through Phases 2 and 8. Report your results.

Archived