[Noob Question regarding modeling] Poly count for armor?

d2002081

Hi,

This is the first time I am trying to make a skyrim armor. The armor I am trying to create is the one requested in the below link.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18433-request-grand-archer-dress/

So I basically tried to follow the blender tutorials and came up with the current progress of the armor (It is attached as well).

At the time I completed creating the shape, I was with like 300k polygon count. I understand that it is not acceptable so I went on and tried to reduce the polygon count to around 15k (30k triangle). And since it is my first blender project, I admit that I lack the skills to make the polygon count lower while keeping the shape I want. So before I start with the texture, I want to make sure the thing is on the right path.

So I was wondering if 30k triangles are acceptable as an armor? And, if there are any better ways to reduce the polygon count without it changing to much in terms of shape.

The blender source file is attached so you can have a better idea regarding the mess I might have created.

You are also free to do whatever you want with it if you want to.

I might contain a lot of bad practices as this is my first time doing modeling.

Thanks for the help

step16.zip

You can use 60k polycounts for a part of high poly armor.

If you use 3DSmax and you want reducting the number;

3dsmax2012:

select your meshe and:

-pro optimiser

-optimisation level

-calculate

and select what you want.

For blender, i don't work with.

Archived