How to completely uninstall skyrim?

ther1pper

I'm trying to do a perfect uninstall and reinstall of skyrim so that i can remove all traces of old mods, but when i reinstalled skyrim yesterday my saves still came back even though i deleted them, i also deleted the SKSE file next to the saves along with the saves as well, so how did this happen? I'm trying to make it so that i can use UFO as well again on my other files.

I had to do that several times , what I did was first uninstall all mods (except those installed manually) once completed run the uninstaller of skyrim normally , go to the root folder of skyrim and delete all content (files are manually installed mods mostly) i don´t know if configuration files or other things are kept in the folder and you should be able to install skyrim again without any problem or at least I had no problem doing this (saved games remain as they are in the folder "My Documents/My Games/skyrim/save" ).

But I warn you that I'm noob in this so perhaps I'm wrong on something if someone can supplement or correct what I say would be grateful.

Kisses ~~

did remove you remove the saves in Documents/my games/skyrim/saves?

i've done that

I had to do that several times , what I did was first uninstall all mods (except those installed manually) once completed run the uninstaller of skyrim normally , go to the root folder of skyrim and delete all content (files are manually installed mods mostly) i don´t know if configuration files or other things are kept in the folder and you should be able to install skyrim again without any problem or at least I had no problem doing this (saved games remain as they are in the folder "My Documents/My Games/skyrim/save" ).

But I warn you that I'm noob in this so perhaps I'm wrong on something if someone can supplement or correct what I say would be grateful.

Kisses ~~

did not do that, i will try that, i kept installing and uninstalling while my mods are installed, so i'll install, remove mods still active, then uninstall.

1- uninstall mods

2- uninstall skyrim

3- delete the contents of the root folder of skyrim 

4- re-install skyrim

5- ready to install mods (careful with the requirements for each mod)

6- tell me if that worked

7- enjoy ?)

would skse also keep this information, if so, how would i get rid of it, i wanna make sure that's also gone to make sure i can install everything.

did remove you remove the saves in Documents/my games/skyrim/saves?

i've done that

You'll want to uncheck the check box under the steam cloud category, as steam will keep your saves in the cloud if it's checked and restore them if it can't find them.  See pic.

sc55bb.png

thank you

Archived