Action Combat trouble

Hentai-chan

I am having some trouble getting Action Combat to run along with PerMa. My problem specifically is this: When I run PaMa, it is coming up with that java.null.something.something error. But only on the latest version. When I run it with an older version (1.22), it carries out the operation without a hitch. There is one problem, however. You see, for some reason, Action Combat uses its own Destrution tree which overrides PerMa's because LOOT places it lower than PerMa - Mage.esp. I have easily worked through it by placing Action Combat higher and locking it in place so I won't accidentally mess up my load order.

What I want to do is this: Is there any way I can safely erase Action Combat's Destruction tree from inside the esp? Because I think that's PaMa is having difficulty understanding and just can't incorporate for some reason.

My thoughts on the mod

Other than that it looks great, works great. With this mod enemies are no longer taking my hits to the face but also reacting to them. And it works better than Deadly Combat, as well, In my opinion. Because the latter did not actually affect spells, whereas Action Combat does. It's only more reason why I would like remove that pesky Destruction tree and try it out.

I manually set Loot to load PerMa - Mage after Action Combat, then added Action Combat to PaMa's blocklist to be on the safe side. Patch ran fine, so... IDK. Have to test it still.

Theoretically if you open the mod in TES5Edit you should just be able to delete the perk tree but as long as PerMa - Mage is loading after it and the patcher skips it it shouldn't matter.

I manually set Loot to load PerMa - Mage after Action Combat, then added Action Combat to PaMa's blocklist to be on the safe side. Patch ran fine, so... IDK. Have to test it still.

Theoretically if you open the mod in TES5Edit you should just be able to delete the perk tree but as long as PerMa - Mage is loading after it and the patcher skips it it shouldn't matter.

Should it skip it, though? T3ndo said that PaMa does more for PerMa than ReProccer did for SkyRe. I am not comfortable with taking chances on this one.

I know that I just delete records with TESEdit. I expect that it will be more than that.

"We know it is not going to work, right? It never just works." - Sarcastic/Humorous comment by the Inquisitor

Action combat has a bunch of dirt edits that don't effect the mods main functions. You can delete stuff like NPC edit, changes to the destruction skill tree, and spell edits. Several people have told the author about this. Not sure if he cares or plans to fix it.

Should it skip it, though? T3ndo said that PaMa does more for PerMa than ReProccer did for SkyRe. I am not comfortable with taking chances on this one.

I know that I just delete records with TESEdit. I expect that it will be more than that.

"We know it is not going to work, right? It never just works." - Sarcastic/Humorous comment by the Inquisitor

Perma's patcher functions doesn't really have anything to do with Action Combat. Apples and Oranges. You should be adding almost 50% of your mods to the blocklist. TOo patch or not to patch. Stuff like weapons and armor, Yes. Stuff like Convenient Horse, No.

Action combat has a bunch of dirt edits that don't effect the mods main functions. You can delete stuff like NPC edit, changes to the destruction skill tree, and spell edits. Several people have told the author about this. Not sure if he cares or plans to fix it.

Perma's patcher functions doesn't really have anything to do with Action Combat. Apples and Oranges. You should be adding almost 50% of your mods to the blocklist. TOo patch or not to patch. Stuff like weapons and armor, Yes. Stuff like Convenient Horse, No.

I did find it curious that PaMa added Better Vampires to the list. Is it the same for other SkyProccer patchers like PaMa?

Na Perma is just so big and effects so much that other mods get swept up in the tide. You can use Tes5Edit to remove the randomly added masters by: Running mark for cleaning, then remove identical, then clean masters. You'd have to do it again every time you ran the patcher though. But it fixes some load game errors caused by the patcher,

so some people need to do that.

If you really want a combat mod where the NPCs seem to have some varying AI packages, I would look to install SkyTweak + SkyAI with Duke Patrick's preset. You can even adjust the individual behavior of certain NPC types yourself, to what you feel would make sense for that NPC type.

For example, I can be aiming a bow with arrow right at an NPC mage, and it will fitfully strafe in a seemingly erratic movement. Unlike other combat mods I've used in the past. I've even had enemy archers crouch down behind low cover, and actually hide behind cover when preparing another arrow. Some enemy NPCs get hurt, and start running until they find other enemy NPCs to assist them. Archers NEVER leaving their position to pursue, until they run out of arrows, etc.

And I use PerMa, and it patches without an issue with this installed.

If you really want a combat mod where the NPCs seem to have some varying AI packages, I would look to install SkyTweak + SkyAI with Duke Patrick's preset.

I don't mind the AI not being clever. Makes my job easier. I do ,however, mind that when I hit something, it should feel like I hit it. And not take it in the face like a champ.

Archived