(Request) Can anyone make a UNP version of this dress???

shadowdancer

The skinning was mostly well executed, only a couple of things I have touched:

1 - There was some influence of 2 left leg bones in this section of the dress, I have removed it:

2 - There was also some unneeded influence of the left leg in the rings; took it out too:

After that, in-game testing with the most common animations (vanilla only and ignore the body gaps, my character is using a 0 weight):

Vanilla Idle

Vanilla Running

Vanilla sneak with magic

Vanilla sneak

Now the problem is that there will always be clipping in this kind of dress; the bottom/ground part of the dress will always clip the left leg while running and when sneaking will stick through the feet. Nothing can be done here, except if you can import the Nightasy sneak/running animations and tweak the mesh while on pose (I can't import via Max 2012, the bodies always appearing collapsed in my screen) or using HDT (add extra bones and skin control using them).

So this is pretty much the best it can be done now, IMO, at least for me. Others more experienced can vastly improve it.

Just an advice: always start with the clothing mesh closer to the body (in this situation, the panties, stockings, bra...). I could see that the dress/body distance is very short in the hip/pelvis area, so when you import the panties there will be some clipping and there is a chance that you will have to adjust the dress mesh again. Starting with the underwear would avoid having to tweak the dress mesh twice.

An now the UNP (only) Nif edited: attachicon.gifredunpb_1.7z

Se if it is an upgrade to your previous version.

Unn.. at the left leg i think im pretty sure i did remove those though except the upper part, coz i want to make the leg near the pelvis to move the part of the dress slightly when animation start so it doesnt clip. but idk, maybe there's some mistake on my part too.

for the ring, yup i think i kinda forgot about it, coz all im thinking was like focusing on the dress above anything else ._.

i havent got to that part yet to 3ds max, i think i rlly need a tut for HDT related stuff, but ill get into that eventualy when i get a hang of 3ds basics itself. also i was actually hoping that using 3ds i can use vanilla animations inside the software itself....

Thank you all for this great work))) can anyone put all this together with .esp file and reupload as mod? (sorry i just never worked with armor/clothes in skyrim before)

EDIT: It was actually pretty easy task to add this files in skyrim for testing, so i did that myself after look at some pretty awesome armor tutorial.  So, no need for assembling.

All is working just great actually)))

So, how hard will be to make this dress work with body sliders? i mean that when you adjust body parts such as breast for example, the dress is also will be adapting for body??? cause for now it have very unrealistic big breast. But again the dress is ported VERY good and working in game just fine with UNP body.

P.S. Sorry if my english is bad, it is not my native.

i think sometime after i finished things that im working on atm, id probably give it a try to redo  c:

Thank you all for this great work))) can anyone put all this together with .esp file and reupload as mod? (sorry i just never worked with armor/clothes in skyrim before)

EDIT: It was actually pretty easy task to add this files in skyrim for testing, so i did that myself after look at some pretty awesome armor tutorial.  So, no need for assembling.

So, how hard will be to make this dress work with body sliders? i mean that when you adjust body parts such as breast for example, the dress is also will be adapting for body??? cause for now it have very unrealistic big breast. But again the dress is ported VERY good and working in game just fine with UNP body.

Bodyslide is pretty easy actually, check for KgTools thread here on LoversLab, he has a clothing converter tool that makes the _0 to _1 or the other way around in a fast and accurate way.

Just read carefully the instructions, he can explain the process better than me. ;)

The skinning was mostly well executed, only a couple of things I have touched:

1 - There was some influence of 2 left leg bones in this section of the dress, I have removed it:

2 - There was also some unneeded influence of the left leg in the rings; took it out too:

After that, in-game testing with the most common animations (vanilla only and ignore the body gaps, my character is using a 0 weight):

Vanilla Idle

Vanilla Running

Vanilla sneak with magic

Vanilla sneak

Now the problem is that there will always be clipping in this kind of dress; the bottom/ground part of the dress will always clip the left leg while running and when sneaking will stick through the feet. Nothing can be done here, except if you can import the Nightasy sneak/running animations and tweak the mesh while on pose (I can't import via Max 2012, the bodies always appearing collapsed in my screen) or using HDT (add extra bones and skin control using them).

So this is pretty much the best it can be done now, IMO, at least for me. Others more experienced can vastly improve it.

Just an advice: always start with the clothing mesh closer to the body (in this situation, the panties, stockings, bra...). I could see that the dress/body distance is very short in the hip/pelvis area, so when you import the panties there will be some clipping and there is a chance that you will have to adjust the dress mesh again. Starting with the underwear would avoid having to tweak the dress mesh twice.

An now the UNP (only) Nif edited: attachicon.gifredunpb_1.7z

Se if it is an upgrade to your previous version.

Unn.. at the left leg i think im pretty sure i did remove those though except the upper part, coz i want to make the leg near the pelvis to move the part of the dress slightly when animation start so it doesnt clip. but idk, maybe there's some mistake on my part too.

for the ring, yup i think i kinda forgot about it, coz all im thinking was like focusing on the dress above anything else ._.

i havent got to that part yet to 3ds max, i think i rlly need a tut for HDT related stuff, but ill get into that eventualy when i get a hang of 3ds basics itself. also i was actually hoping that using 3ds i can use vanilla animations inside the software itself....

i think sometime after i finished things that im working on atm, id probably give it a try to redo  c:

You did a great job in the skinning, don't worry :D

Archived