Idea for a player training a slave mod

Asrienda

request addon for paradisehalls to enable you to sell slaves to anyone :3

Not happening, sorry.

Slavery is outlawed in the Empire and while the proud Nords of Skyrim do indeed want to secede from the Empire, the treatment of the Dunmer (the last people to be allowed slaves due to tradition) in Windhelm makes it quite clear what the rebellion thinks of them.

You already have the slavetraders hidden near Fellglow Keep and that's all you're going to get (from me), unless I can expand on the serfdom-idea

ok... so.. what about whoring out your slaves (unless u can already do that), maybe a player owned brothel/dungeon to house your slaves for when u dont want to sell them?

Whenever I played with PAH, I also used TDF Prostitution and Pimping to whore out my slaves. Not the perfect immersive option since it requires a persuasion check and paying the slave some money to get her started (though you can get your money back, it's in their inventory), but afterwards it works like a charm.

Huh, and now I've realized I've never tried that mod on Hydragorgon's slavegirls... :)

ok... so.. what about whoring out your slaves (unless u can already do that), maybe a player owned brothel/dungeon to house your slaves for when u dont want to sell them?

depends on how well I implement the general work mechanic...

If I do it well, it'll be a piece of cake to expand it to whatever someone wants... ;)

----------------------------------------

Also thought has been given to dropping the "show stats" spell and EITHER

- replacing it with a dialogue option OR

- replacing it with a dialogue option, while computing all different stats to a single overall value (similar to "approval")

Discuss. The paper is due on friday, with at least 2000 words.

And now I have (hopefully) fixed the "stop being respectful"-issue

I've thought about it and it probably will not be a piece of cake, no matter what (still possible, tho)

The easy part would be to generate money while the player is somewhere else (number of slaves * (random number * range of prices) * ((time / time frame) * another random number)).

the (significantly) harder part would be to simulate traffic while the player is actually there. It would mean working through every possible visitor and changing their package to actually be inside the house and maybe have sex with one of the slaves

(unless there's some trick I'm not seeing right now)

I've thought about it and it probably will not be a piece of cake, no matter what (still possible, tho)

The easy part would be to generate money while the player is somewhere else (number of slaves * (random number * range of prices) * ((time / time frame) * another random number)).

the (significantly) harder part would be to simulate traffic while the player is actually there. It would mean working through every possible visitor and changing their package to actually be inside the house and maybe have sex with one of the slaves

(unless there's some trick I'm not seeing right now)

I'd say, either steal the code from TDF Prostitution (the author is expressly okay with that), or make a patch for it so it has PAH as a soft dependency, overriding normal pimping options with something more sex-slave appropriate.

TDF really does everything that's needed to be a pimp at the moment, from offering your girls to everyone in the world to making them work from your home when you're away.

One thing to keep in mind when t comes to slavery is that there are several types of slavery and that when slavery are outlawed, other slave like conditions are still upheld but called something else to get around the law. There are also hidden illegal slavery in remote areas with little little or no influence from law enforcement. Some examples:

Debt slave, the slave are working of a debt. The employer can underpay the worker and subtract costs for living expenses to keep the worker in debt indefinitely, the debt can also be inherited forcing a family to work of a debt for generations.

Serfdom, workers are not allowed to leave the land that they are living on and there are only one possible employer.

Wage slave, workers are payed just the bare minimum to survive, they simply cannot afford to move on and try to find a better job somewhere else or they starve. This is a common problem in times of high unemployment.

Contract slaves, the worker are bound to a difficult to get out of contract that may even have been forced on them.

Honor slave. the worker are honor bound to stay with the employer for some reason. It could be argued that the Skyrim housecarls falls into this category. There is some similarity to Bushido in this regard. A samurai was expected to do their masters will no matter what.

There are also workers that get "free" housing but are only paid in a special currency only usable in shops owned by the employer. Outside the confines of their housing area, the worker are dead broke sine their "money" are worth nothing elsewhere. Getting fired means that you have no money and no home.

Ever heard the song "Sixteen tons"*? This song describes a modern "hidden" type of slavery.

One thing to keep in mind when t comes to slavery is that there are several types of slavery and that when slavery are outlawed, other slave like conditions are still upheld but called something else to get around the law. There are also hidden illegal slavery in remote areas with little little or no influence from law enforcement. Some examples:

Totally agree! (look here: link)

The problem is that simulating different forms of "kind-of-slavery" would be beyond the scope of this mod (and very very script-/alias heavy). So getting a new servant through a serfdom-system would be possible (and I'd like to incorporate it), but treating them different as other slaves will probably not happen

Main thing I am interested in is slaves owned by other npc any mod out there that does this with sexlab incorporated.

bandit camp slaves

Exploring different kinds of slavery that existed throughout the ages seems like an awesome idea, but it would be nice to get one kind of slavery working in the first place, and at this point I'm not particularly picky about what kind of slavery it is (since pretty much any kind is "out of character" for the world anyway). ;)

Since the voices-plugin screws up extension (but get's placed after extension by BOSS) I'll incorporate it into extension and drop it with the next update

Exploring different kinds of slavery that existed throughout the ages seems like an awesome idea, but it would be nice to get one kind of slavery working in the first place, and at this point I'm not particularly picky about what kind of slavery it is (since pretty much any kind is "out of character" for the world anyway). ;)

On a rudimentary level you already have a working slavery system... you can have slaves! They don't do much except be eyecandy yet, but nonetheless :P

I have to disagree that any kind of slavery is out of character, since the forms of "sort of slavery" listed by sweforce are viable and as far as I can tell, not outlawed (only "I capture this person and now they have to serve me for the rest of their lives or until I sell them" is).

The only mechanic out of character is the binding of the slaves, since wage and honour servants should be free to leave at any point (and at this time they kind of are, see housecarls and followers)

BUT this is all academical! For one it would require a huge rewrite of the PAH-system (basically, throw it out completely and start over again) and it would require a massive amount of fluff-/dialogue-/quest-/code-writing to make something like a wage-slave possible

I'll give it a shot and let you know what I find, blabla11. Ok, gave that file a quick test, errors are still popping up on slave slots 11 through 13:

I figured that its because I only have 3 slaves active, but I could be wrong.

you're right, that's exactly the reason...

After spending a couple of hours debugging and tracing and working through thousands of lines of log, I must retract that statement... the script throws that error for every single slave it runs on... so back to square 1 :dodgy:

Stay motivated mate, but take your time. To many modders get burned out.

That's why I'm trying to find other people who can help me out with stuff that I don't know or can take over some of the work. Right now I'm working on stuff that's fun for me (well, except when I have to touch the CK), so no pressure there...

SUCCESS!

The backend for punishment by sex is done!

and I've fixed the alias-spam (sort of... not really a fix, more of a bandaid) BUT! it will come back... it's one of those things that lead to developers saying "start a new game" which I won't, since for now the bandaid seems to work...

I have it stable now, but it still doesn't work properly...

Hmm.. You could try asking in Technical Support thread for some help. I personally have only opened CK to edit some dialogue so I have no idea what the problem is. 

Problem is that I never can tell where the real problem lies: is it me? the CK? PAH? (the rant was definetly CK, but the new problems, I dunno)

Well, I can tell once I fixed it ;)

Rejoice!
I just wasted 3 hours hunting a weird error that I couldn't find... wanna know why?

cause the fucking compiler didn't tell me I had half a line at the top of the script, in the OnInit(), rendering everything that came after useless...

Oh no... it told me the whole fucking time that the script compiled without problems

wouldn't be a problem if the compiler worked as... well, as a compiler should... instead of slapping a new timestamp on the old pex, just TELL me I deleted half a line by accident...

anyway, looks like MS0.1 works now... I'll make another animation package for the posing and test it properly tomorrow... unless something big hits me in the face, you should have the new version in 24h ;)

Archived