[QUESTION] 10-24 vs 14-28

chajapa

I've been using the 10-24 version and it seems fine.

At some point I'd like to move to 14-28.

QUESTION:

Will my xml files from 10-24 still work with 14-28 or will I have to redo them?

I use an empty default xml and have custom xmls per character type

I have a few different xml linked to different characters.

Eryniel Elf has smaller boobs so her xml is different from a Succubus Race PC with large boobs, etc.

I got into this quite a while ago. There was still some debate over how best to link xml to character. The Havok Object was an option but I think at the time it wasn't working reliably or something. So I started adding Extra Data to nifs. Most often I've had to use hands because head didn't always work. So every time I try a new body or build a body with BodySlide, I have to edit the hands in NifScope to add the extra data.

Question:

Should I keep doing what I'm doing if I want custom xmls or should I be using the havok object method and try to settle in on one xml file for all characters?

Just keep doing what you are doing and update the plugin if you want to test it out--it works the same and you keep your settings separate with the method  you are currently using. You don't necessarily have to redo your .xmls but if they look funky with the new plugin, you might need to edit them  (I forget which values to change though). It's a simple swap with the plugins. If you don't like what you get you can swap back and nothing is lost and no damage done.

14-28 as compared to 10-24... using the same xml files as I was using in 10-24... 14-28 seems to have far less "dampening". Breasts swing side to side from my PC breathing and while sitting they get into a rhythm where they are swing back and forth but in opposite directions like her boobs are applauding slowly :)

I've been experimenting with the UN7B body. 

So I'm going to try this with the CT77 body I've been using because I'm far more familiar with how it behaves using 10-24.

Quote from HydrogensaysHDT:

Nice.

I will use this new update in non-collision play.  Too bad that all collision xml are only for 10-25 and don't work well with newer version of HDT.

multiply all xyz value in inertiaAndMassInv by 0.01425

Archived