Disable jiggle on metal armors?

Bonnie Lass

I'm using the vanilla replacer for Manga Body CBBE and not only does the iron armor have breast jiggle, the jiggle doesn't seem to work quite right and 'jitters'. It would be nice if I could disable jiggle for this altogether.

How exactly do I do that? Doing this on a per armor basis seems like a nightmare.

e: Found out I was accidentally using the vanilla placer for Manga Body ADEC, the CBBE version doesn't have this problem. If you're looking for it it's right here: http://pastebin.com/EY9GSSBs

You do it on a per-armor basis. :lol: 

I'm actually doing that right now.  It's all about the breast weights.  You want no weighting behind rigid parts of the armor, so the breast will remain (relatively) stationary at those points.

It's trickier than I thought, to be honest.  but I'm making progress.

You do it on a per-armor basis. :lol: 

I'm actually doing that right now.  It's all about the breast weights.  You want no weighting behind rigid parts of the armor, so the breast will remain (relatively) stationary at those points.

It's trickier than I thought, to be honest.  but I'm making progress.

I'm confused though, there's a thread entirely on making this work for all armors. But it's working for all armors already even without that head edit thing. Where is it getting this bounce from? I guess the fact it's BBP compatible?

Not exactly sure why iron armor was changed like this in the first place...

I'm confused though, there's a thread entirely on making this work for all armors. But it's working for all armors already even without that head edit thing. Where is it getting this bounce from? I guess the fact it's BBP compatible?

Not exactly sure why iron armor was changed like this in the first place...

Because for the most part, armor porters were lazy. (for a good reason)

If you ask any person who's bothered to weight a mesh before, it's a long tedious process through trial and error...

So to speed it up, some brilliant person wrote a script to copy perfectly good weights from 1 mesh to another. (Aka Blender weight transfer scripts and what have you)

Problem: It didn't differentiate between materials, because at the time no one ever thought about physics applications in games.

So yea, there's a short history on why armors continue to be ported with usually terrible weights, it's cuz we're lazy and don't want to spend the 1+hours to perfect the weights.

Only known solution?: Remove weights per armor manually. Pretty easy, and now it no longer requires you to know how to navigate using the big 2 (Blender/3DSMax).

Just use Outfit Studio, load up your mesh and manually delete the Breast/Butt Paints. It takes me about like 5 mins per armor (you have to get rid of the weights from the body for parts that overlap but keep the ones where skin shows...)

Of course their are other smarter people out there who are working on automating the process, but it'll take some time. (I know gerra6 was working on it with his mesh rigger app, I've lost touch with how far he's gone with it but I'm sure it'll be big news once he finishes it)

Archived