[REQ]Help with an armor edit?

SHs

Hello! I hope I'm okay to post this here...

I've been lurking for a while, but I recently fell in love with the armor showcased in Adaptive's post (Link NSFW) over in the Post your sex screenshots topic on the Adult Mods forum.

Thanks to a few fantastic members of the forum I've managed to track down all the armor used to piece it together, but I've run into a small problem. The armor, pictured below, uses the Dungeon Explorer armor from Halo's Mods and the Lady Keaira armor (which I think I'd better not link to, as it caused quite a stir on these forums a while back. However, the armor can be found easily through a Google search.)

image.jpg

image.jpg

The problem is, both armors are full body pieces, and cannot be worn together. I'm told I'd need to edit the meshes in nifskope or blender, but I have no idea where to even begin with this sort of thing. So, would any kind modders be willing to help me out by seperating the top and pants in both armors? I'm not sure how difficult it would be, but any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Guest Ragna_Rok

nifskope: rightclick on the mesh to target the armor, boot, whatever. under NitTriShape entry there should be a blog BSDismemberSkininstance. left click on it, and scroll down until you find a line partitions. open the line, and you will find tags (sometimes two or more, make that the same for all possible tags) "Body Part". This entry defines on what place of body the gear should be worn.

Numbers that intereset you:

32 --> body / cuirass

33 --> hands / gloves

37 --> feet / boots

131 --> hair / helmet

hope it helps.

Guest Ragna_Rok

if of course you have to make a single mesh out of two meshes... youre pretty much fucked. to learn that took me about 2 months, and that was after i figured out how to change meshes in blender...

if of course you have to make a single mesh out of two meshes... youre pretty much fucked. to learn that took me about 2 months, and that was after i figured out how to change meshes in blender...

Thank you for the help, Ragna! And I'm happy to keep them two seperate meshes, but I'm still confused.

nifskope: rightclick on the mesh to target the armor, boot, whatever. under NitTriShape entry there should be a blog BSDismemberSkininstance. left click on it, and scroll down until you find a line partitions. open the line, and you will find tags (sometimes two or more, make that the same for all possible tags) "Body Part". This entry defines on what place of body the gear should be worn.

Numbers that intereset you:

32 --> body / cuirass

33 --> hands / gloves

37 --> feet / boots

131 --> hair / helmet

hope it helps.

The outfits are both full body cuirasses. So if I want to wear the top half of one and the bottom half of the other, I have to basically delete half of each one, right? Is that just as simple as deleting the upper body layers?

Then what number do I register the second half as? If they're both in the same slot, won't equipping one still remove the other?

Guest Ragna_Rok

wait a second. so what exactly do the two armors you wanna merge cover? ... like, both have boots n gloves and you wanna merge them? are they both a single piece? ... or you just wanna exchange one armos boot with the boots from the other? *needs more info*

wait a second. so what exactly do the two armors you wanna merge cover? ... like, both have boots n gloves and you wanna merge them? are they both a single piece? ... or you just wanna exchange one armos boot with the boots from the other? *needs more info*

I'm sorry, I guess I didn't explain it all that well. I'm a complete newbie to all this. :lol:

The gloves and boots I would be using are from another armor set entirely, and they seem to be working perfectly so far.

The problem I have is with two body pieces. This is the first, the Dungeon Explorer

3Pbcfdz.jpg

And the second, Lady Keaira

hBY24Qw.jpg

I'm hoping to find some way to combine the shorts from the first, with the chainmail bustier from the second, like those images in my first post. I don't know whether they'd have to be comined into a single mesh, or two seperate armor pieces, but either way is fine. Whichever would be easier, because honestly I'm super confused by nifskope at the moment. :lol:

Guest carywinton

Send me all the parts and I will see if I can make this happen for you. I believe it is possible to just merely change the paths in NifScope to point to which meshes and textures you want to use for which particular body parts. I have done this with the textures and that was easy enough, hopefully the same will be true for the meshes.

In the mean time I will try to find these two armors and look into what is possible with them. Obviously someone else has done it, so it has to be possible. ;)

NVM on sending all the parts, I went to the trouble of finding them. I am sure you are aware these armors, cloths require the "Lady Body"? So that must be included in the conversion process. I will see how difficult this is and give it a try.

Send me all the parts and I will see if I can make this happen for you. I believe it is possible to just merely change the paths in NifScope to point to which meshes and textures you want to use for which particular body parts. I have done this with the textures and that was easy enough, hopefully the same will be true for the meshes.

In the mean time I will try to find these two armors and look into what is possible with them. Obviously someone else has done it, so it has to be possible. ;)

Thank you so much! I'll find the links and message you asap. Thank you!

Guest carywinton

lets say you copy/paste the shorts to the lady mesh, they will clip like grazy then, only good way to do it is true 3dmax or blender

Yeah I had a feeling that would be the case too, so the only way this is going to happen is if the meshes are made independent for top and bottom in Blender, 3DSMax or Maya. Maya and Blender I have, 3DSMax, not a chance at $3,500.00 per copy, machine install, Adobe is out of their mind on pricing, catering to only the big development houses with prices like that. Doh! :dodgy:

Guest Ragna_Rok

actually you could import the files in blender, cut the crap you dont want, and simply make one unit out of that. problem is all the weighting and skinning, plus setting up the niffiles in nifskope once your done and the usual ck-crap.

edit: anyhow, i just made some custom dwemer battleaxes to support another mod here, my daily sparetime is over... so i pass the torch to carywinton.

• 3 weeks later...

Why would you import it into blender/3ds to delete parts of the mesh? You can do it in NifSkope IF they are separate objects.

e.g. The top is one object, the pants are another, the boots also, the gloves etc. You just click on it in NifSkope and ctrl+del the thing.

If they are all a single object THEN you're fucked. Only 3D modeling software can help you there.

• 8 months later...

I'm very sorry for the thread necromancy, but I've recently picked up Skyrim again and was reminded of this armor. My attempts to recreate it this time have been have fruitless as the first. And rather than create an entirely new topic about it I thought it would be better to revive this one.

In case anyone has any new thoughts or ideas, would anyone still be willing to help?

unn.. can you attach the mesh file  that you want to separate..? 

Edit :

i just found the mod in my mod directory, here goes... i just split the main cuirass into 'top' and 'torso' ._.

But you need to have the original mod for it to work

The archive contains :

- Modified Mesh (just separating the top and torso)

- Modified 'LBLadyKeaira.esp' , just making the new mesh craftable under Dragon category

just load with NMM, overwrite the esp.

craft any forge

or just help Keaira

Note : i think my version of this mod is the UNPB ones

Lady Keaira Separated.7z

Archived