Disable/remove BBB

JairJy

That's a problem if those clothe mods require BBB. Switching back to a non BBB skeleton will remove BBB, but now those BBB clothings will not work properly (super elastic breasts). You could always try and find non BBB versions of those clothing mods. Or you could eliminate any BBB walking/running animation mods such as NoMaaM's animations. BBB will not be utilized if there is no BBB compatbile animations to use.

Yeah, there are some clothes and armors that can't be found without BBB (yuravica's for example). Using a normal skeleton is not a option.

I tried removing some nodes on Universal Skeleton with Niftscope but is doesn't work. Maybe by merging some nodes... but I don't know witch or how to do it.

That's a problem if those clothe mods require BBB. Switching back to a non BBB skeleton will remove BBB' date=' but now those BBB clothings will not work properly (super elastic breasts). You could always try and find non BBB versions of those clothing mods. Or you could eliminate any BBB walking/running animation mods such as NoMaaM's animations. BBB will not be utilized if there is no BBB compatbile animations to use.

[/quote']

This is the solution. The clothes are weighted to the op* bones, so the skeleton.nif must have op* bones. However, if your animations don't move those op* bones, the result is no bounce.

Use the vanilla animations or a set that are not BBB enabled and all should be as you want it. Unless that is you want BBB generally but not on these clothes. In that case, I'd import the clothing into Blender and remove the weighting. Not hard, but it is a Blender operation and some people aren't comfortable with it.

Other animations may well reduce the bounce further. Some of them really like to make breasts bounce to, what some of us think, is an absurd degree. Actually what I find most ridiculous is BBB applied to what really ought to be rigid armour. Bouncing steel breastplate anyone? (Silvered rubber is not steel).

Other animations may well reduce the bounce further. Some of them really like to make breasts bounce to' date=' what some of us think, is an absurd degree. Actually what I find most ridiculous is BBB applied to what really ought to be rigid armour. Bouncing steel breastplate anyone? (Silvered rubber is not steel).

[/quote']

The problem isn't that the armor bounces, so much as 'what bounces'. A steel breast plate 'could' bounce if the whole thing bounced instead of just the boob area - I agree that is just ridiculous.

Now some breastplates this makes no sense at all for (like most stock steel, iron or legion stuff), but others could look pretty darn good if they were done right.

When I have time I am going to tackle blender to mess with some of these oddities to make something bounce, but in a more realistic manner.

The problem isn't that the armor bounces' date=' so much as 'what bounces'.[/quote']

Well, yes, but it risks chafing horribly! (grin)

Sounds like your long term goal is plenty sensible. My solution at present is to be very careful with what armour I use BBB for. More than 50% or my installed armour and clothing is not BBB.

The problem isn't that the armor bounces' date=' so much as 'what bounces'.[/quote']

Well, yes, but it risks chafing horribly! (grin)

Sounds like your long term goal is plenty sensible. My solution at present is to be very careful with what armour I use BBB for. More than 50% or my installed armour and clothing is not BBB.

:P

Yea, I am not sure what percentage of armor I have that is bouncy vs not as I have far too many to count. If it 'should' bounce, then my long term goal is to make it so....in a realistic manner. My other goal is to convert everything I have to BU in some form or another and then make a custom esm that I can load them into and add dependencies for all my favorite NPC's replacing\adding mods like Better Cities, XeoSP++, From 2chan lives and so on.

I'll probably never get that far, as I keep getting bogged down with mashing together armor parts (my current favorite hobby outside of actually playing the games). Good times.....:D

Yes, I know what you mean.

If you can just fire up /Blender/NifSkope/The CS/Your preferred graphics program/ and fix something you don't care for, you tend to spend a lot of time doing just that.

If I learn to animate (rather than just do morphs) I'm sunk!!!

Archived