Thoughts about the WickedWhims Inappropriate Unlock

I just found out that WickedWhims removed the teen sex settings from there mod, and it made me so confused that I felt I needed to make a post about it.

Why did that change confuse me? Well the WickedWhims mod has a lot of settings that changes how Sims 4 is played, and most of all the settings evolve around Sex. That kind of tells the user that this mod is mainly used for sex. I know there is another mod out there like WickedWhims but with out the sex part. So its understandable why there is two versions. What is not understandable is building a mod evolved around sex, including all kinds of fetishes. Yes even the gross ones, but teen sex is inappropriate all of a sudden? We are ok with BDSM, Butt eating, any and all objects being used for sex, Henti, and other crazy things with sex, but we choose to remove teen sex from the mod? Even on a logical thinking level it makes no sense. How does one be comfortable with all forms of sex related things gross or not, but not be comfortable with teen sex? To top this off even further someone posted that WickedWhims inappropriate unlock mod will not be supported, but its there as a option. How does one not get confused by these changes knowing what WickedWhims mod does, and the 1,000s upon 1,000s of sex Animations out there for it? This is one for the books for sure. How ever I do want to thank the creator of the WickedWhims mod, and all the other mod creators out there. I have enjoyed using your mods, and have had so much fun with them. Can't tell you how much I have laughed while using these mods. You all did a great job making these mods. Respect to the modding community regardless of changes.

"Including all kind of fetishes": There are many many other things not included in wicked whims, for example bestiality, sexual relationships with minors, necrophilia, and many more.

Teen sex is not removed. You can use "inappropriate unlock" and it is back there again, I do not see the problem here.

Standard "base game" teens in the game are no longer teens, but immature prepubescent children, which is quite different, so locking that makes more than perfect sense. If you have the "high school" expansion you can give the the "post-puberty trait and they will be back on the game. Again I do not see the problem here. Turbodriver explains perfectly fine the reasoning behind the decision to "lock" teen sex (which by the way was in summer 2022, so quite a long time ago): Teen Sims Content Statement — WickedWhims (wickedwhimsmod.com)

Personally I am pretty happy with the changes made and with Turbo not including multiple other things in wicked whims, but there are other mods out there that allow all that stuff by default, feel free to go and use them instead if that is your thing. Again, I do not see the problem here. 

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos
58 minutes ago, LittleRedSonja said:

Teen sex is not removed. You can use "inappropriate unlock" and it is back there again, I do not see the problem here.

"If the Settings for teen sex is not Available when downloading the mod and only Available when adding another mod then clearly its been removed in my eye's."

58 minutes ago, LittleRedSonja said:

Standard "base game" teens in the game are no longer teens, but immature prepubescent children, which is quite different, so locking that makes more than perfect sense.

"I don't think Changing the name of something Changes what it was. If WickedWhims was changed to Wicked Personality's it wouldn't change what the mod does and evolves around in my eye's."

It is a good thing that there is another mod that adds the features back never the less, but hopefully it will be supported as time goes on. We will wait, and see.

18 minutes ago, Ashlockheart said:

"I don't think Changing the name of something Changes what it was. If WickedWhims was changed to Wicked Personality's it wouldn't change what the mod does and evolves around in my eye's."

it literally does! that's how naming works. i'm ok with this change because the inappropriate unlock makes the unspoken parts of the old app now explicit: you have to turn on "post-puberty" for sex interactions to work. 

i'm not sure why this is difficult for you to understand; the sims 4 update to puberty and aging puts wickedwhims in a difficult place, because turbodriver could be dropped by itch, by patreon, making it more difficult for any of us to access the mod or its updates. if wickedwhims hadn't dropped teen sex interactions from the base mod it could be seen or interpreted as endorsing sex with minors, putting it in a category that i'm sure many of us using the mod are uncomfortable with, myself included. calling *that* simply a fetish is naive at best. 

On 3/21/2023 at 10:38 AM, anvilthewarforged said:

it literally does! that's how naming works. i'm ok with this change because the inappropriate unlock makes the unspoken parts of the old app now explicit: you have to turn on "post-puberty" for sex interactions to work. 

i'm not sure why this is difficult for you to understand; the sims 4 update to puberty and aging puts wickedwhims in a difficult place, because turbodriver could be dropped by itch, by patreon, making it more difficult for any of us to access the mod or its updates. if wickedwhims hadn't dropped teen sex interactions from the base mod it could be seen or interpreted as endorsing sex with minors, putting it in a category that i'm sure many of us using the mod are uncomfortable with, myself included. calling *that* simply a fetish is naive at best. 

Turbo's been doing weird things like this for a long while though lol so him saying that 'The HSY mod ""recontexualized"" teen sims is B.S. because teens were still going to school... YEARS before that pack. Lol.

You won't be dropped by Itchio for NSFW in an NSFW game, it's not real and they know that. Patreon is a different monster but that's on the site's team and credit card companies being stupid with smut content.

• 3 weeks later...

Teens in the game have the "mess around" feature, which, now with the Growing Together pack is acknowledged as a sexual milestone, so it appears the creators do consider them to be "mature" enough for sex, if anybody is actually "mature" enough at that age.

• 1 month later...

theirs a big diffrence between a preeteen and a teenager a teenager is around the age of 15-17 year olds and most likely when u turn 18 your still not considered a full grown adult teen pregnancy is a thing so how is that disgusting and inapropriate ? lets look at reality here . lets not act as if teenagers around 15-17 do not involve themselves in sexual intercourse with their partners (around their age) as exploration. you seem like the type to see a pregnant teen out in the puplic and scoff in pure judgement. not knowing what their choices were or why their pregnant in the first place.

• 7 months later...
On 4/18/2023 at 6:10 PM, AmIslayenoughforyou said:

Teenage sex is way more inappropriate than a weird fetish. You're comparing a foot fetish to minors, MINORS having sex. This is honestly ridiculous.

oh wow teenagers having sex. its totally not like teenagers have sex constantly. there's a little thing called 'teenage pregnancy'. ever heard of it? it happens. teenagers have sex, and probably 80% of non-virgins lost their virginity in fkn highschool. it happens, no point in pretending it doesn't.

On 1/23/2024 at 10:45 PM, eghan said:

oh wow teenagers having sex. its totally not like teenagers have sex constantly. there's a little thing called 'teenage pregnancy'. ever heard of it? it happens. teenagers have sex, and probably 80% of non-virgins lost their virginity in fkn highschool. it happens, no point in pretending it doesn't.

For reasons really only known to Turbodriver (some possible reasons mentioned here) sex with teenagers in game is now only possible if you download the inappropriate unlock and you set the potential sim to post puberty. It is how it is, we'll just have to deal wit it.