I'm making a mod and need help CK LE

I'm making a mod for weapons in Skyrim that makes them more distinct. As in I want to apply the weapon perks in each skill tree. Like Maces penetrate armor without requiring perk investment. I had looked up how Silver weapons did extra damage vs undead. Using the script system, I added a script to an Iron Mace that gave a perk with the Entry Point "Modify Target Damage Resistance" or something like that and I set the value to -100. Only to find out that Skyrim doesn't compute those at all. Then I tried to copy what Ordinator did with its perks. Created a Magic Effect, then a spell, then a perk that ran the spell (don't know why I felt the need to add the spell to the perk that, tbh), then bound the perk to the Iron Mace to no avail. In my last attempt, I tried to just use the vanilla perk. Same process, create a perk to add to the weapon via a script. Still didn't work.

As I stated above, I'm trying to add certain features to make each weapon feel unique and different. Because the logical weapon of choice in Skyrim is swords. They have the highest DPS in the game. I just want to get maces to either to more damage to heavily armored targets or straight up reduce armor as proof of concept. But I can't get it to work. Can anyone help?

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Tes5Mod:Mod_File_Format/PERK

Perk Effect Type should be "Mod Target Damage Resistance".

The conditions should be on index 1 (weapon). Check to see whether it's the weapon type you want.

Function Type should be "Multiply Value". Giving it a value of 0.9 means there will be a 10% armor reduction.

You don't need to write or attach scripts for this and I know this works because that's how Requiem (1.9.4) does its armor penetration.