UPDATE!! [0.4a] Spiky Hair for Skyrim [WIP+RELZ] [Plus Tutorial]

These are wigs, but they work with the hair color slider.

Btw forgot to add this Credit to tttzzz for the advent cloud hair. Credit to the guy who uploaded shinobu jacobs aswell.
I did edit those heavily however.

UPDATE 0.4a
[2.22.2013]-- Added naruto and sasuke, yess i know they aren't perfect. but keep in mind i had to mesh those from scratch... they aren't rips.
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?jfey1f1b3cxxjbp

Naruto hair (no headband)
[spoiler=Show]screenshot20ufg.jpg

Naruto side
[spoiler=Show]screenshot21la.jpg

Sasuke hair (no headband)
[spoiler=Show]screenshot22oe.jpg

Sasuke side[spoiler=Show]
screenshot23ou.jpg

Here are the past Images

Black Spiky Front
[spoiler=Show]screenshot11ef.jpg

Black Spiky Side
[spoiler=Show]screenshot12my.jpg

White Spiky Front
[spoiler=Show]screenshot13tn.jpg

White Spiky Side
[spoiler=Show]screenshot14lg.jpg

Ac Cloud Hair White
[spoiler=Show]screenshot10kw.jpg

Ac Cloud Hair Black
[spoiler=Show]screenshot9hu.jpg
screenshot9hu.jpg

Shinobu Black
[spoiler=Show]screenshot8sb.jpg

Shinobu White
[spoiler=Show]screenshot7nk.jpg

Heres a tutorial on Hair!
[spoiler=Tutorial]Ive also added a little tutorial for making your own hair, Let me know if im missing anything and feel free to add to this!

This tutorial is assuming you know how to work Blender
Tutorial On Making Hair:
1. Take your Headmale or headfemale.nif open it up, in the Niheader Go down to User version type 11, User version 2 type 34
2. Delete the BSShaderlighting property branch
3. Open Blender (version 2.49 and latest nifscripts) Import the headmale or female.nif create your hairmesh around it.
4. Delete the bones and the head
5. Select your Hair Assign a new texture(f5 then f6) click new then
click image on the dropdown menu, at the end two new things should be
added, now add a random picture as it doesn't matter we will add one
later in nifscope. If you feel like UV mapping go ahead there are plenty of tutorials.
6. Import a vanilla hair Nif using the same methods in #1.
7. Right click your mesh and shift right click the vanilla mesh, Go to Object>Scripts> Bone weight Copy Set the quality to 3 click Ok.
8. Delete the vanilla mesh and right click your mesh and the bones hit ctrl+P link to armature
9. Right click your hair mesh then the bones
10. Go to file>export>nif..., click Fallout 3 settings and refer to this http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/File:SkyrimArmourTut_7.jpg
11. Open Nifscope

Nifscope editing tutorial
1. Go to the Niheader and change User version to type 12 and User version 2 to 83.
2. Delete the BSShaderPPPropertyLighting or whatever, delete the specular property and any other properties under Trishape EXCEPT for TrishapeData and BSDismembermentProperty. Those are Extremely important if you delete them on accident close nifscope and restart at step 1.
3. Open up a vanilla hair mesh Copy the BSshaderLighting branch from that, and paste it into your NiTrishape Branch. Magic! your hair now has a texture, only problem is it isnt UV'ed and i can never make a UV right so im not going to tell you how to do that part the texture will be all over the place but the hair is still functional.
4. Click the BSDismemberment property Scroll down to partitions, open all the branches till you see one that says BP_Torso, Delete that and change it to 131 and hit enter
5. Click NitrishapeData scroll down to Has Vertex Colors click yes.
6.Save
7.Open up the CK

Getting it in game:
1. Load up the CK (just skyrim.esm is fine)
2. Click armor addons right click>new.
3. Click on all the human and elf races minus Orc. Including vampire races if you want
4. Click the Load on the male and female parts and load the same nif for each one.
5. Click the Hair and Long Hair slots
6. Click Ok
7. Click armor>new , name your hair appropriately(so that when you go ingame you can add it by console) Yes i know this will be a helmet, im sorry but im not sure how to make real hair yet but this is probably alot easier than that.
8. Click the Race, Change to NordRace, Click Hair and Long Hair Slots as you did with the armor addon. Click and drag the armor addon you made into the models window on the Armor screen.
9. Click Ok
10. Save as (whatever).esp

Add it through the console in game and presto

AGAIN let me know if i forgot something and if you could post advice about making UV's and textures i would be greatful

would be great if you could make my ac hair with a blond texture ;-).

one question : are these hairs wigs or are they selectable in the charchreation ?.

would be awseome if this mods came in two version (wig version and charcreation version), oh and a master version that contains everything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought they look nice, just never found it till now. Is it your first time to create hair meshes? They will be amazing with really good textures and transparency. I'd personally love to have a high quality Naruto in skyrim, it'd be a great addition. you already have the hardest part done